Tapatalk,,,ich

That new software upgrade... talk about hideous.

Can't even browse anymore, it's such a terrible design.

The ads in tapatalk that appear after a couple seconds right where the button for going to the next page was is driving me bonkers.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't like the new tapatalk UI either. Even convo wasn't as bad as this. It's a shame, too, because tapatalk used to be pretty passable.

Continuing my streak of not using Tapatalk.

...mainly because I don't have admin rights to install it on any work machine, which is really the only non-desktop situation where I browse the forums. Browser-based for me!

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Continuing my streak of not using Tapatalk.

...mainly because I don't have admin rights to install it on any work machine, which is really the only non-desktop situation where I browse the forums. Browser-based for me!

--Patrick
It's really more of a smartphone/tablet thing

Is there a way to roll back to an earlier version?
Xenmobile is actually pretty decent, so I'll probably switch to that anyway. In tapatalk the new twitter/amazon/whatever tags never worked, and didn't even give you a link to follow. Plus half the time gifs didn't load right, and that's just unacceptable.

GasBandit

Staff member
Almost all one star reviews on iTunes. What the hell are the people at Quoord doing?
They're trying to divorce content from its location . It doesn't want you to use it to browse a specific forum or other content provider, it wants to amalgamate all your content into one service that becomes your "Google Reader of forums." I don't like it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Xenmobile is actually pretty decent, so I'll probably switch to that anyway. In tapatalk the new twitter/amazon/whatever tags never worked, and didn't even give you a link to follow. Plus half the time gifs didn't load right, and that's just unacceptable.
I thought Xenmobile was a citrix client... do you have a link to that?

GasBandit

Staff member
HA HA! I fixed it. Google Fu is strong today.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/981038

Basically, goes like this.

Get Firefox for android.

open about:config

search for CSS

find layout.css.devPixelsPerPx

It should be something like -1.0

change it to 1.0 (get rid of the minus)

Bang, viewing webpages (like halforums) at full device resolution. Now there's a lot of zooming to do on a 6 inch screen, true, but I find this WAY less irritating.[DOUBLEPOST=1419968305,1419968261][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can't you force it to display as a desktop?
Without the above changes, it still detects your browser's resolution as 360x640.

I had problems with Tapatalk when they went from a pay app to a free app. Right now, the update is kinda meh. I've had issues with GIFs and pics on here when viewing them on my iPad, but I always knew I'd be able to go on a "real" computer and see what the stuff was about.

Ok what other apps are there to replace this shit on iOS ?

Just got a warning from frank he replied to me but clicking it gives me a you don't have permission to view this forum .

Dave

Staff member
Ok what other apps are there to replace this shit on iOS ?

Just got a warning from frank he replied to me but clicking it gives me a you don't have permission to view this forum .
Can you use the mobile style? I'll test it out on mine now. I can't do much else because I'm in Colorado and have limited service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Safari works pretty well. It's what I always use on iOS.
It used to be a lot more difficult, but now you can do rich text editing in-browser on iOS, no more having to manually enter BBCode.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
If you use Safari there's a way to save any site as an app. You could do that for here and be fine.

Yeah, there's a lot of TapaTalk hate going around right now.

There's fuck all. You can't even access half of the unread and no quick way to swipe it as read.

Who's the fucking monkey who came up with this shit?

There has to be another app....