Rant VIII: The Reckoning

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I’m exhausted and still unpaid. I have the union involved and they want to try a few things before grieving now. They fear that a grievance may get lost with how many have been filed and my situation is more urgent. Their ideas for what they want to try sound good.

I also contacted my MP’s office and they’re all over it. They don’t want me to call pay anymore directly. They wish to do it on my behalf.

I can’t wait for the HR ladies to freak!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Because they are going to be furious and I don’t care. I deserve to enjoy their freak out, don’t I?

Today was my 25th wedding anniversary. Nobody except my wife and I remembered. Neither of my kids remembered. Her dad forgot. Her sister and brothers forgot. My sister remembered, but only because I saw her on Saturday and told her that it was today.

Selfish fucks.
I can't even tell you when my parents' anniversary is.

Let's see...My parents' anniversary. Err, one's in September, I think the fourth? And the other's somewhere in May, 2 or 5 or something. One's for the state and the other's for the church, but I haven't got a clue which is which. They got married for the state earlier so my father would qualify for family housing instead of having to bunk in the singles' barracks when he was deployed in Germany; the big to-do was with the church wedding. Sooo....I'd guess May for the government? I wouldn't bet a dollar on it, though.

Oddly, I do remember my parents-in-law's anniversary, because it's just two days before my birthday.

Who are you people? Is this a generational thing?
IIRC I'm in between your kids' ages so I'm not sure.

Regardless it wasn't really something I was involved in. They would do a dinner alone usually. Anniversaries don't strike me as a family affair.

Anyways: happy belated anniversary!

My parents' anniversary was August 3, but they'll be divorced 21 years this year. My grandparents' anniversary was March 27, and it would have been their 80th this year. Ours is August 17.

:p

To be fair to @Dave , it wasn't just any regular anniversary. You'd think they might've remembered the milleniversary!

Sorry for calling your wife old too Dave, no offense to her intended, she doesn't look a day over 30 I promise

I have no idea when my parents' anniversary is other than "sometime in August," because they changed the date they celebrate to August instead of whenever they actually got married because their wedding was in my maternal grandparents' back yard and they hated it. But then, I also have no idea how my parents met, when they started dating, what they liked to do as a couple before I came along, any of that. I'm vaguely aware that my dad's on his second marriage, but what the story is behind that I have no clue. They just never shared any of that while I was growing up.

I always forget my folks anniversary. I know it's towards the end of June. They don't wish me and my wife happy anniversary so I don't see any reason to wish them either. Maybe when/if they hit 50. Should be in a couple of years I think. 2021 I believe.

On the other hand, my in-laws always call us and wish us. That's nice.

My parents got divorced when I was 3.
Soooo....yeah, I don't think I ever knew what it was.
My father remarried 10 years later (I think?), in October (I think?) but my mother stayed umarried.

I made sure our wedding anniversary was on an easy date to remember just for this reason.

--Patrick

I don't know my parents' anniversary, but that may be because my culture doesn't place as great an emphasis on wedding anniversaries as western cultures do.

I don't know my parents' anniversary, but that may be because my culture doesn't place as great an emphasis on wedding anniversaries as western cultures do.
Western cultures aren't as into the concept of "arranged marriage," so it's not like there was this upcoming date everyone already knew was coming for a dozen years.

--Patrick

I know my parent's anniversary. I only know the wedding anniversary off hand of 1 friend couple because they got married on my birthday.

I have a hard time remembering birthdays and anniversaries (I know mine, my mom's, my brother's, my niece's [same as my brother], my ex-wife's, and my brother's anniversary [same as mine]), which is why I've made extensive use of calendars since childhood. I don't think I've missed wishing my parents a happy anniversary since age 10.

I think my family is what keeps Hallmark in business, so I have to remember EVERYONE'S birthday/anniversary/etc., often including my aunts and uncles, cousins, and they all send us cards or texts for ours, too.
Usually, but my MIL has really gotten into the "send a card for special occasions" thing. At almost every holiday or birthday/ anniversary she sends a card, sometimes one she made herself because she's really gotten into watercolor painting.

I completely forgot when it was my parents' 50th anniversary several years back. Of course, when one parent has been deceased for about half of that time...

I have a pretty easy time remembering my anniversary, as October is pretty busy in terms of birthdays and such for me.

Of course, there's also my stepmother, who passed away on my anniversary (seven years after we were married).

Cajungal

Staff member
I always thought it was kind of weird when kids on a sitcom would be like, "We have to get the perfect gift for mom and dad's anniversary!" ...Why? I don't really care if other people remember. It's enough that you attended, danced with me, ate cake, and gave me some plates. You are no longer required to take interest in my relationship.

I know my parent's anniversary date, March 17, but they only made it 20 years before he screwed the big-boobed assistant. I know my in-laws date, my oldest friends date and our closest friends date. In-laws celebrated 50 this year, oldest friend had his 15th, closest friends this is their 28th. Our date is December 17 and this December is 30 for us.

Yes, I've been married longer than Dave.

My hypothesis is that it will be clustered around late 30s early 40s :p
I'm certain the relevant data can be extrapolated by comparing the data gathered during the previous poll against the date the last poll was administered.

--Patrick