Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

We've got a major drought going on (rained only twice since I moved here); we have fire ban warnings, high pollution advisories, and municipalities cancelling their fireworks shows because of no-burn orders.

And yet, we still have idiots setting off fireworks here in Mesa. :rage::cry:

I've broken out in stress hives. My arms and face feel like I have tiny pebbles under the skin.
Look, I already get confused about all the cool ladies on this forum. If you're now going to start emulating them, that's just mean. Also, if you are, might I suggest moving to Hawaii over becoming one big hive? Equally confusing but I'd imagine slightly more pleasant.

Installing Office 365 for users at work is all well and good, but man does it take a long ass time if the website won't cooperate and just decide to not load all the buttons and whatnot for some reason. What a pain in the ass.

Installing Office 365 for users at work is all well and good, but man does it take a long ass time if the website won't cooperate and just decide to not load all the buttons and whatnot for some reason. What a pain in the ass.
If you have an office 365 license, you should be able to load the real applications to your PC rather than using the cloud/online version. Go to portal.office.com to find out and download them. Of course this assume you have installation rights on your PC, which isn't always true in a work environment...

I mean, downloading is the idea, and I do have installation rights. It's just that the internet is half-assing things and apparently the website doesn't like that.

I'm managing it; it's just being dumb for no good reason.

Look, I already get confused about all the cool ladies on this forum. If you're now going to start emulating them, that's just mean. Also, if you are, might I suggest moving to Hawaii over becoming one big hive? Equally confusing but I'd imagine slightly more pleasant.
Next thing you know, she's gonna be a Giants fan :Leyla:

But I want to be one of the cool ladies!

And doomweasels aren't allowed in Hawaii. :mad:

I told my daughter we could go shopping for skirts, shorts, and pajamas, but no shirts because she already has too many and she's not willing to get rid of ones she doesn't wear. Then I let her get three My Hero Academia shirts at Hot Topic because I am an enabler.

I do not care for either Giants team. I have mixed feelings about that team called the Titans, too (both the current one and the one born in 1960).

The AC isn't working at my office building. It's like 80F (27C) inside and 85F (30C) outside. I can't think.
It's currently 107°F (42°C) outside (but with something like 10% RH). I feel your pain, but only to a certain extent.

And ironically I keep my trailer's AC at 80°F (27°C), but when you compare it to outside...

When I signed up for ATT's unlimited plan, I was also convinced by the rep that I should sign up for directv now, since it would only cost me $10/month after the discounts available from having the expensive AT&T plan.

They told me I had to "connect" the accounts, which I attempted several times, and talked to service about more than once with the answer "try again later" being common. After a month or two of this, things got busy and I never got them connected properly.

Fast forward ten months, and I've been charged $40/mo for a plan which should have cost $10/mo. I'm reminded to check into this because they're raising their price by $5/mo and they sent an email. I finally contact them, hoping they'll recognize the mistake and credit me the $300 difference.

As Donald details above, and as I'm sure you can guess, they didn't see it the same way.

The best they could do for me was 1) give me the $25/mo discount (which is good, because it reduced to $15/mo discount some time back, so I had to talk to them to get the original offer even after connecting the accounts), and 10 months of free service.

Since the price increased, even with my discount, it's $15/mo, so technically they're giving me a $150 credit, but that also means I'm losing $150.

And, of course, I can't get a refund in any other form, so canceling doesn't make sense, and there's no point it getting a lawyer involved and going through the arbitration process for this small of an amount. Plenty of laywers will talk to people who're being overcharged $100 or more a month, but they're not going to go to bat for someone who will net them $50-$100 in their 30% cut of the remuneration.

And we'll get our use out of it. I expect we'll cancel after the ten months are up, but at least for the next ten months our monthly bills are $40 less than what they have been, and $45 less than what they would have been starting next month, which is nice, and we can still use the service (basic directv now + HBO and I guess they have a new 20 hour DVR I'm going to have to check out).

I'm unhappy, but I guess I'm not mad. I should have put a reminder in my calendar every week until it was resolved originally.

Thanks, Obama*.

*Sorry, it's just not as funny with "Thanks, Trump"

Relevant:
AT&T promised lower prices after Time Warner merger—it’s raising them instead
AT&T scoffed at the Justice Department's argument that the merger would raise prices. The telecom giant wrote in its post-trial brief that the merger will "enabl[e] AT&T and Time Warner to reduce consumer prices."

"The evidence overwhelmingly showed that this merger is likely to enhance competition substantially, because it will enable the merged company to reduce prices, offer innovative video products, and compete more effectively against the increasingly powerful, vertically integrated 'FAANG' [Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Google] companies," AT&T told US District Judge Richard Leon in the brief.

"There is no sound evidence from which the Court could fairly conclude that retail pay-TV prices are likely to increase," AT&T said in that same filing.
--Patrick

I've broken out in stress hives. My arms and face feel like I have tiny pebbles under the skin.
Oh no!! Not you too! Please tell me that this isn’t something that you do often. Are you seeing an allergist? I’m itching in sympathy.

I was just coming here to whine about how I have been “finding things to do” for the last few hours in order to avoid showering because I am dreading showering and dealing with my hives. Water is my worst trigger, but stress is my next worst one and with everything going on at work, I’m super stressed and I know this shower is going to be a gong show with both triggers.

I don’t wish this on anyone. I hope that you don’t have this happen often.

It's currently 107°F (42°C) outside (but with something like 10% RH). I feel your pain, but only to a certain extent.

And ironically I keep my trailer's AC at 80°F (27°C), but when you compare it to outside...
The office is on the second floor and no air actually circulates without the AC. One of my coworkers had her boyfriend get a few fans for us from WalMart.

I prefer the lower humidity when it's hot, because at least then your sweat instantly evaporates, unlike when it's humid and you walk around all day damp and gross. I've also lived with low humidity hot summers for 12 and a half years now, so my body gets confused by things like water in the air. :p

Getting you eyes dilated in Phoenix is a LOT more difficult than getting your eyes dilated in Milwaukee. It's not the heat that's the problem - it's the brightness.

It’s so hot my makeup melted down my face. I look some weird.

Weirder than usual that is.

Also my kids are beastly little thieves. What sort of monsters steal a woman’s teeezers??