[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Wow. I mean, this movie has been in developmental Hell for years. Now I see why. The edgy jokes feel incredibly forced (which is, of course, every joke). The full-body puppetry effects are atrocious. I've been waiting for this to finally release for ages. I'm incredibly disappointed and it's a hard pass for me.

Wow. I mean, this movie has been in developmental Hell for years. Now I see why. The edgy jokes feel incredibly forced (which is, of course, every joke). The full-body puppetry effects are atrocious. I've been waiting for this to finally release for ages. I'm incredibly disappointed and it's a hard pass for me.
Man, they changed Avenue Q a LOT for the movie version.

That looks more like direct to dvd or made for tv. Peter Jackson did it already 30 years ago and I'm sure his movie looks 1000 times better.

**UNPOPULAR OPINION INCOMING**

I hink Teen Titans Go is pretty funny. Don't @ me.
I also thought that it was clever and funny, once I realized I had to view it as a parody.

But hey, I thought Mighty Magiswords was clever and funny, too. It‘s what a Go! parody of Slayers might be like.

—Patrick

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
**UNPOPULAR OPINION INCOMING**

I think Teen Titans Go is pretty funny. Don't @ me.
To me, if it has funny moments is irrelevant. The show repeatedly has heroes acting like villains for the sake of that comedy, and that just doesn't work for me. Robin stealing from a retirement home to get to see Starfire in a bikini. Robin turning an ancient tree into a toilet plunger. I get that they're jokes, but they're the actions of a villain, and there's no awareness in the show of that. There's no "ha, ha, heroes shouldn't act this way." The script isn't written around the characters. It's not a superhero show at all, and that's my issue with it.

HAHA...so...APPARENTLY-
1528169585591.png

The success of the Teen Titans Go movie SUPPOSEDLY helps the existence of season 6...this is dirty cartoon network. REAL dirty. For fuck's sake, the damned POWERPUFF girls movie only made SIXTEEN million dollars! AND THAT WAS ACTUAllY GOOD!

Last edited: