[Question] Suggest "B-Movies" for Kags and her friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends and have discovered a like for 'B-Movies', but we're pretty much lost at what ones to watch. Or, I guess, we just like terrible movies....I'm not sure if I'm using the 'B-Movie' title correctly?...

Anyway, we recently watched Flash Gordon and LOVED ITTTTT. It was awful in every way, but we thoroughly enjoyed it.

So, any movies in that same vein, that are completely terrible, but in the good way, would be appreciated! Suggest away please!!

(We have Krull, Samurai Cop and Beast Master on our list already.)

Dave

Staff member
Hercules in New York. Ahnald's first movie. His accent was so thick and his acting so bad they dubbed everything. It's hilarious!

If you like bad Kung Fu movies, try "Invincible Armour":

(Just part one, follow the other links from there.)

Tucker & Dale is more a send-up of B-Horror than a B-movie in its own right, but it's extremely worth watching.

It sounds like you guys are going specifically for "bad" B-movies, so I'll suggest the Stallone version of Judge Dredd. Truly gloriously, laughably awful.

Also, the most recent Three Musketeers.

Dave

Staff member
Tucker & Dale! So very much this! Also, My Name is Bruce!

By the way, for Tucker & Dale...if you know nothing about it DON"T READ ANYTHING ON IT! Just get it, watch it, love it!

Tucker & Dale is more a send-up of B-Horror than a B-movie in its own right, but it's extremely worth watching.

It sounds like you guys are going specifically for "bad" B-movies, so I'll suggest the Stallone version of Judge Dredd. Truly gloriously, laughably awful.

Also, the most recent Three Musketeers.
THANK YOU. This movie keeps popping up in my Netflix recommendations, but I could never decide if I wanted to watch it or not.

As for best B-movies, it's going to depend on what genre you'd like.

For so bad it's good horror, pretty much anything with Linea Quigley in it is worth a watch. She is the queen of B horror movies. Kinda like a female Bruce Campbell. If Bruce showed his tits a lot. I'd suggest Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-a-rama.

Kung Pow is definitely not a B movie, it's a genre sendup. A great one, but it's good, not so bad it's good.

For action B-movies, there's pretty much a whole group of stars that will lead you to so bad it's good territory. Reb Brown, Kate Hodge, anything by Troma.

Also, Flash Gordon isn't a B-movie, it was a huge studio movie. B-movies are low budget. Flash Gorden falls into the category of Camp.

We've already seen Tucker and Dale. :)

I wouldn't say it's 'so bad it's good' though, it's just good.

And yes, I'm looking for more just general bad movies, not horror.

I'd also suggest looking to the blacksploitation/grindhouse genre. Billy Jack, Black Gestapo, and Dolomite come to mind.

I dunno I guess I just really enjoy atrocious films. I mean, you can just marvel at "How was this ever made. How did Forrest Whitaker ever agree to anything happening here."[DOUBLEPOST=1360788483][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey, Dave put in the disagree, not me. Why you gotta hate?
I took it down I took it down!

For serious, though, 70s exploitation films are the holy grail of movies that are so bad, they're good for non-horror. For horror, the late 80s early 90s was the golden age.

Dave

Staff member
Mom & Dad Save the World. Even having Kathy Ireland run around half naked couldn't save this movie.

figmentPez

Staff member
May I present to you Disney's first PG-13 movie:

Midnight Madness. Seriously, go watch this LittleKagsin , it is hilarious. My sisters and I loved this one growing up.

I'll also suggest:

Back to the Beach - okay, this may not technically be a B-movie, because it is supposed to be a send-up of Frankie Avalon and Annette Funichello movies, but it is so much fun, and the acting is truly horrible at points.

Hudson Hawk

Who's That Girl

If you are going to go Brooks, go for the better ones. Blazing Saddles, The Producers, Young Frankenstein, History of the World Part 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.