Straub and Erica's Public Breakup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erica just tweeted:

http://twitter.com/erica_s/statuses/1175428637

And before that how she was done with the webcomics world and thanked everyone.

Ok, maybe it's not a joke and they're both like... starved for attention.... but...damn. Being D-List online celebrities doesn't mean you have to wash the dirty laundry publicly... right?

Calleja said:
Erica just tweeted:

http://twitter.com/erica_s/statuses/1175428637

And before that how she was done with the webcomics world and thanked everyone.

Ok, maybe it's not a joke and they're both like... starved for attention.... but...damn. Being D-List online celebrities doesn't mean you have to wash the dirty laundry publicly... right?
I would assume he posted that just to let everyone know, seeing as how she was an integral part of his webcomics process (pretty much ran his shipping operation as far as I know)

And perhaps a majority of her "followers" on twitter are just friends of hers that she wanted to let know what she's going through.

I dunno, I mean, it's public and everything, I won't be keeping tabs or anything though.

I hope the best for both of them though

But then why not just twit "Erica and I broke up today." Instead of giving the "I broke up with her" detail?

Seems in bad taste, is all.

Also, Kris has been known for playing weird pranks like that over Twitter before... but never this.... unfunny. So.. yeah.

Cajungal

Staff member
If it's a joke, it's terrible and stupid... OR a brilliant satire of the people who use websites like Twitter and Facebook to chronicle their relationships.

If it's real, I wish them both well.

Incicentally, my advice to all my children and grandchildren on their wedding days will be----- Don't chronicle your relationship problems on a website.

Calleja said:
But then why not just twit "Erica and I broke up today." Instead of giving the "I broke up with her" detail?

Seems in bad taste, is all.

Also, Kris has been known for playing weird pranks like that over Twitter before... but never this.... unfunny. So.. yeah.
Ah, I don't follow Twitter so I didn't know about that. :Leyla:

I dunno why he would, other than because it seems like he did in fact break up with her.

But eh, I'm not the gossipy type, so this may be all I write on the topic :humph:

M

makare

Damn it I actually care about this... what the hell. I don't even know these people I should not care.

:( Well, I hope thinks work out for both of them.

Oh man! Completely outta nowhere! Like what the fuck.

I was all

@krisstraub Wait what?

and I'm still completely lost.

M

makare

since twitter is basically a personal forum that would mean that anyone who uses a forum is just as much of a twit.. but no where near the twitness level of the assholes who bitch about other people doing something they are basically already doing.

makare1 said:
since twitter is basically a personal forum that would mean that anyone who uses a forum is just as much of a twit.. but no where near the twitness level of the assholes who bitch about other people doing something they are basically already doing.
Oh noes, u hurt mah feelinz. :waah:
I'm gonna internet breakup with you and twitter it! :waah:

M

Matt²

makare1 said:
who what where why and how now?

M

makare

Shegokigo said:
makare1 said:
Oh noes, u hurt mah feelinz. :waah:
was anybody talking to you? no? nothing unusual there.

M

Matt²

k, well actually that's an alpaca, but you should get the general gist.

Tells me I have to visit Creepygif.com. :/

Edit: Also, I meant nothing by using that gif, I've just needed an excuse and I figured Shining -> Shining was good enough.

M

Matt²

CynicismKills said:
Tells me I have to visit Creepygif.com. :/

Edit: Also, I meant nothing by using that gif, I've just needed an excuse and I figured Shining -> Shining was good enough.
meh no worries.. if you were meaning me,... meh.. if not, ok. :Leyla: :drunk:

David said:
Did you steal that from me? :shock: I posted it here once a while ago...
Though I in turn stole it from my brother's myspace page... and have no clue where he got it from :teeth:
Possible, I have a large stable of gifs and images and I forget where most of 'em came from.

C

Chazwozel

What a bunch of idiots. Oh I'm so heart broken... quick... let me twitter/facebook/myspace this so the world knows my pain. What are they? Fucking 12?

It's coincidental yet somewhat entertaining to me that I read this thread while listening to a mix of "fuck the pain away" and "love hurts". :confused:

Cajungal

Staff member
Chazwozel said:
What a bunch of idiots. Oh I'm so heart broken... quick... let me twitter/facebook/myspace this so the world knows my pain. What are they? Fucking 12?
Hah-this. After 6 months of fighting over TEXT MESSAGES, two of my friends broke up, and I got to hear the whole sad story every time I logged on to facebook. They never unfriended each other either... so you KNOW they're still checking the other's messages.
:eyeroll:

S

Scarlet Varlet

Calleja said:
I don't know about this... it sorta feels like some of those weird jokes Kris and Scott pulled over Twitter sometimes... I don't explain how else both would be all.... immediately public about it.

http://twitter.com/krisstraub/status/1175246894

followed a few minutes later by:

http://twitter.com/Erica_S/statuses/1175254270

And the sympathetic replies are raining for both of them.

I mean... I don't even know what to say about that. Thoughts?
Welcome to 21st century break up. :bush:

"I didn't know anything could ever hurt this much. I never want to fall in love again. I don't want to wake up tomorrow. I'm going to bed."

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.