Strange Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife can cook exactly three things. Macaroni and cheese (either boxed or homemade), hamburger helper, and rice. Which is good, because I can't cook rice either, most of the time.
The funny thing is that I can make rice pudding on the stove just fine. Rice as a side dish or part of a meal? Forget it. They make microwavable pouches of rice for a reason. :)

figmentPez

Staff member
This morning I recalled a memory from when I was in high school. Somehow the topic of cologne had come up and when I said I didn't wear any, one of the girls said that I smelled nice. Some 16+ years later it dawned on me that she might have been flirting.

Cajungal

Staff member
I pull my hair out a lot. There's a part of my hair I've always had a habit of twisting. but then, I started typing it in knots, and pulling the knot out. So I have a tiny bald spot on my forehead. It gets worse when I'm stressed or impatient. One of my high school friends had psychiatrist grandparents who urged me to set up a meeting with one of them to discuss the source of my stress. I couldn't tell if they were serious or just desperate for clients.

This morning I recalled a memory from when I was in high school. Somehow the topic of cologne had come up and when I said I didn't wear any, one of the girls said that I smelled nice. Some 16+ years later it dawned on me that she might have been flirting.
Well what are you waiting for! Track her down and call her up! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1361840707][/DOUBLEPOST]Also: I must confess I find Overly Attached Girlfriend to be extremely hot.

I pull my hair out a lot. There's a part of my hair I've always had a habit of twisting. but then, I started typing it in knots, and pulling the knot out. So I have a tiny bald spot on my forehead. It gets worse when I'm stressed or impatient. One of my high school friends had psychiatrist grandparents who urged me to set up a meeting with one of them to discuss the source of my stress. I couldn't tell if they were serious or just desperate for clients.
I will get annoyed with my chin stubble when it gets of a suitable length, and recently have taken to pulling them out one by one while I sit at my desk at home. Pretty muc guarantees I'll have to shave my patchy chin the next day. :)

I pull at my eyebrows. My dad does the same thing, and he has almost none left. I still have mine, but I can tell they're thinning. I also get one really long one that grows on each side. Even if I pluck it or trim it, it grows back. Always longer than the rest. Taunting me.

eyebrows are the second highest incidence of the disorder.
I didn't look that much into it. Just saw the picture of the bald guy and quit there.

Looking at it a bit more it says it's related to skin picking, which I have noticed I do sometimes. That's on my face too. Huh.

You guys are making me think of all the weird stuff I do. I can't have a beard. I pluck those suckers too. They just bug the hell out of me. So scratchy and itchy, gotta pluck em.

I'm not bad about it now, but when I was a kid I hated tags on clothing and any type of embroidery. Basically anything that wasn't smooth annoyed the hell out of me. I cut off all my tags, and my socks had to be just right when I put on my shoes.

Confession: Husband pays all the bills. He is forgetful. He considers verbal reminders 'nagging'.

My method for getting him to remember? Using eyeliner to write the amount owed and for what on various parts of my body then sending him a picture (or letting him discover it on his own if he is home).

The bills are now barely ever late.

My favourite cup that I drink from all the time is a sippy cup. It's blue. With dancing animals on it. And I get very upset if I can't find it.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I can't watch Schindler's List without getting teary-eyed.

Or read the final books of the Farseer and the Tawny Man trilogies by Robin Hobb, for that matter.

fade

Staff member
I grew up in a rural, wooded area, pretty far away from the nearest neighbor. When I was a kid, I loved horror movies. That combination will mess a kid up. I used to think I could see things moving slightly if I looked long enough. We had a trail into the woods that my dad carved out, and in the dark, I could swear I heard voices coming from the cave-like opening.

I feel extreme second hand embarassment for people - even fictional ones. This is partially why I can't watch the olympics. The thought of someone making a mistake and getting embarassed, yikes. Yikes everywhere.

fade

Staff member
I agree with you there. It's also why I dislike this rash of embarrassment-humor shows and movies, like The Office. I can be uncomfortable without watching a so-called comedy, thanks.

I agree with you there. It's also why I dislike this rash of embarrassment-humor shows and movies, like The Office. I can be uncomfortable without watching a so-called comedy, thanks.
This is the reason I couldn't watch any Raymond, but at least it doesn't sound like I missed much.

Exactly fade! That's why I steered clear of Bridesmaids. I know lots of people found it funny, and that's great. But the scenarios my friends told from the movie made me feel embarassed and I didn't even see it!

I'm just not a fan of stuff like that. My friends and I call it 'uncomfortable humor'.

That actually cuts out a great big chunk of British humor for you. They're all about embarassment humor. It's kind of the crux of their style of comedy.

I'll let Stephen Fry explain it:

I can't take that kind of humor either, especially when you can see it coming from a mile away. When I'm watching a show I am remotely interested in and a character is about to make a fool of themself, I run out of the room or pause it because I can't bear to watch it. I've stopped watching shows because of that reason. I can't get past that point in an episode or movie and I don't want to miss something so it goes unwatched forever.

We Germans have a term for that, it is called "Fremdschämen".Which translates to something like stranger shame or feeling shame for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.