Strange Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday we had a tornado watch. My weather alert app went off letting me know about it. I proceeded to get nauseous, then shake for maybe an hour, which I hid by continuing my work.

What's strange is how disappointed I was in myself, bordering on all out shame. Logically, I know better. I've been through lots of storms, and lots of watches and warnings. And like most of the others, this was nothing.

So yesterday we had a tornado watch. My weather alert app went off letting me know about it. I proceeded to get nauseous, then shake for maybe an hour, which I hid by continuing my work.

What's strange is how disappointed I was in myself, bordering on all out shame. Logically, I know better. I've been through lots of storms, and lots of watches and warnings. And like most of the others, this was nothing.
Ah the visceral response of trauma. Don't feel bad at all, this is what your body does and it'll be a long time before it stops doing it. Don't discount the experience you went through - it wasn't a minor event.

About twice a year, I'll stare at an object on the table and think really, really, really hard about moving it, just to see if I've developed telekinesis yet.

fade

Staff member
About twice a year, I'll stare at an object on the table and think really, really, really hard about moving it, just to see if I've developed telekinesis yet.
I remember reading a novel when I was a kid where they were trying to teach the main character telekinesis. He tried concentrating really hard on it, but the instructors told him that was wrong. He had to feel the object in his mind, like he was holding it. He had to feel its shape, its size, its texture, its weight...its everything.

I remember reading a novel when I was a kid where they were trying to teach the main character telekinesis. He tried concentrating really hard on it, but the instructors told him that was wrong. He had to feel the object in his mind, like he was holding it. He had to feel its shape, its size, its texture, its weight...its everything.
Nope, doesn't work. I tried that with a ball, all it did was set it on fire.

I have the necro-exhibitionist fetish I'd like to explore, but I know that kind of thing would happen over my wife's dead body.

Status
Not open for further replies.