Strange Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't being mean about it. She was pretty rad otherwise, I just couldn't make it past the line of committing even "fake" violence against my partner.

Cajungal

Staff member
I don't know how strange this is, but I hate decorating. I just don't like the idea of planning and then organizing all these little physical manifestations of my personality. The thought of it exhausts me. Jake's the creative one in that respect. He loves posters and figurines and memorabilia. My apartments would be completely empty and spartan without him... And the little knick knacks mom sends me. Maybe it's because I don't like entertaining much, either. No one wants to visit my boring home,

Zappit

Staff member
I had a girlfriend who liked to choke and be choked during sex. It wasn't a very long relationship.
Frank did not do it right. :O

But hey, you gotta learn to let go sometimes.

She was just looking for the right guy to take her breath away.

Sounds like a girl with some real "hang-ups".

Nyuk, nyuk. I could do this until I turn blue in the face.

Cajungal

Staff member
My family considers me a gifted baker. I can bake great pies, cakes, breads, and quick breads... But not cookies. I make the most unimpressive, mediocre cookies. I get lucky once in a whole, but they're usually only ok.

figmentPez

Staff member
My family considers me a gifted baker. I can bake great pies, cakes, breads, and quick breads... But not cookies. I make the most unimpressive, mediocre cookies. I get lucky once in a whole, but they're usually only ok.
How are you with brownies? My sister is a gifted baker. She's done all sorts of baking (and now is doing it gluten-free) and what she makes usually comes out amazing, especially when she's perfected a recipe. But brownies are her nemesis. Once she made brownies from a box mix that turned out nearly inedible (she forgot to let the butter soften beforehand, overheated it in the microwave and then ended up scrambling the eggs... which resulted in fibers of overcooked egg threading through finished brownies. It was nasty.)

Cajungal

Staff member
Those I can do. Hehe overheated butter... I've done a similar thing with pecan pie. Didn't let the reduced syrup cool long enough. Boom--sweet poached egg.

I was once thrown out of a restaurant in Ontario for arguing with the chef about the validity of squid and squid ink in gumbo. Just...no.

I like evening things out, like SERIOUSLY like evening things out. I just noticed myself doing it recently.
Are we talking about making sure pictures and such hung on walls are always level, or having to sort through Skittles so that you always have the same number of each color?

Also... I have a tendency to need to keep the same number of skittles of each color while I eat them.

Like numbers even. Say something has 59 negative votes. I will click it to be 60. EVEN IF I LIKE IT! Nice and even. Say there are 13 biscuits, I will eat one. EVEN IF I'M FULL!

Also while I'm at it, I open juice in this pattern: apple, then cranberry. If its out of order I get annoyed.

When I was younger I predicted both Powerpuff Girls Z and Dragonball Evolution would happen in the future. I didn't think of them as any-thing, because I thought up weird stuff all time. I'M SORRY PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN BOTH OF THESE THINGS! Also, I have precognitive abilities that I have yet to master.

I can't make rice. Even in a steamer/rice cooker. Even the "minute rice" packets. It never comes out right.

And please don't take this as an invitation to give me tips on cooking rice. The last time I brought this up it turned into an argument between me and a few other forum members. Let's just leave it at I cannot cook rice, but it's not that important to me.

I can't make rice. Even in a steamer/rice cooker. Even the "minute rice" packets. It never comes out right.

And please don't take this as an invitation to give me tips on cooking rice. The last time I brought this up it turned into an argument between me and a few other forum members. Let's just leave it at I cannot cook rice, but it's not that important to me.
I'll cook rice for you. I make great rice! Plus I'd get to be in Hawaii

figmentPez

Staff member
I think every cook has their nemesis. Something they just can't seem to cook, no matter what they try, even if others can do it with ease.

Rice is hit or miss for me. I've had the best luck baking it in the oven, though. Haven't messed with in my current apartment yet. I just had cous-cous for dinner, that's so much easier than rice.

When I was younger I predicted both Powerpuff Girls Z and Dragonball Evolution would happen in the future. I didn't think of them as any-thing, because I thought up weird stuff all time. I'M SORRY PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN BOTH OF THESE THINGS! Also, I have precognitive abilities that I have yet to master.
Is it wrong of me to imagine you telling people about this in a manner similar to

My wife can cook exactly three things. Macaroni and cheese (either boxed or homemade), hamburger helper, and rice. Which is good, because I can't cook rice either, most of the time.

Is it wrong of me to imagine you telling people about this in a manner similar to
Nope, thats pretty much my prophet voice. I just wish I predicted useful stuff like space zombies, all my predictions are about bad adaptations of media and lunch menus. WHY ARE SUPER POWERS SO DAMN SPECIFIC! Maybe its a subconscious thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.