[TV] Steven Universe (spoilers)

Does anyone else think Garnet's reassurance to Greg was ominously specific?

-- "Garnet, should I be worried?"

-- "Steven will be fine."
Could go either way. It's not unusual for Garnet to be quite literal, and it wouldn't occur to her that he'd ask about anyone but Steven, who I think they still view as the most vulnerable among them, despite being part Pink Diamond. On the other hand, that future vision...

Could go either way. It's not unusual for Garnet to be quite literal, and it wouldn't occur to her that he'd ask about anyone but Steven, who I think they still view as the most vulnerable among them, despite being part Pink Diamond. On the other hand, that future vision...
The cast and crew have made it quite clear that, as durable as he is, Steven is still pretty human and can die like one. They've also made it clear that if he dies, he's dead forever. So both Steven and Connie ARE the most vulnerable amongst them, even if Connie's full humanity makes her immune to some of the things the Diamonds can do (such as Blue Diamond's tear aura). Unless the cast were straight up lying on twitter anyway.

That said, the crew has been oddly unwilling to say if Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz would come back from the gem if he did. Blue and Yellow Diamond seem to imply that Pink is still inside her gem.

Drowning in new lore theories after Familiar.

Most important being that the perspiration of diamonds is the source of all gems, and the decline in gem quality began when the four diamonds stopped their spa days together.

Sorry for trying to provide everyone information.
I wasn't trying to be a dick? Sorry if I came out that way.

I dunno... I think right now I've finally reached apathy with the series. We're probably going to get 4 new episodes and then it'll be another 4-5 month hiatus. Again. I thought being a Venture Brothers fan was tough (a new season maybe every two years) but this is somehow worse, especially since we only get 11 minute episodes. I know we've got a movie on the way and that's nice and all, but FUUUCK....

Cajungal

Staff member
Together Alone has aired.
I guess that episode confirmed the theory that White Diamond's weird, broken Pearl once worked for Pink. It was a good episode, although I was a little surprised by Garnet's reaction at the end. She was too scared to even approach Blue Diamond in previous episodes, and while she seemed more bold about it after her wedding, it still surprised me.

I wasn't trying to be a dick? Sorry if I came out that way.

I dunno... I think right now I've finally reached apathy with the series. We're probably going to get 4 new episodes and then it'll be another 4-5 month hiatus. Again. I thought being a Venture Brothers fan was tough (a new season maybe every two years) but this is somehow worse, especially since we only get 11 minute episodes. I know we've got a movie on the way and that's nice and all, but FUUUCK....
Yeah its kind of a half-glass full situation for me as well, primarily as as you said once the arc is done we go STRAIGHT to hiatus town. Its at least not as bad as say with new episodes of Teen Titans Go where they've been treating EVERY episode as a special. Yeah, you got Bob Uecker, doesn't change the fact that it was a basic ass episode though!

This hits like a fucking bag of hammers. Holy hell.

- Trans metaphors for EVERYONE!
- Gurren Lagaan Sunglasses for EVERYONE!
- Bad Pearl Outfit!
- Sadie Killer singing an old Greg song. I was close on this one!

So... series finale except for movie in the fall? Hey guys, maybe fucking tell us that so we can set our future expectations correctly.

figmentPez

Staff member
So how long before I see angry posts going around Tumblr criticizing this episode and saying it confirms Rebecca Sugar as a Nazi sympathizer? Ugh, the Crystal Empire is not a political regime, it's a metaphor for family...

Even as a family drama, I think things were resolved a little too quickly, but at the same time getting into realistic details of what it would take to change someone, right in this episode, would make for a very different show than Steven Universe is. And, who knows, maybe the future episodes will be about the nitty gritty of how difficult it is to make changes to abusive relationships, especially abusive family dynamics.

@figmentPez If you hate the nazi-metaphors don't look up LilyPeet, she's the RING LEADER of that garbage.

ONTO WHITE DIAMOND-
Her comments about her not being perfect imply that one of my main theories might be correct, that much like the Gems the Diamonds create via Injectors, the Diamonds THEMSELVES were created to perform a specific purpose, and much like their subjects fight their own free-will and happiness just to keep the status quo. White of course being the worst, repressing herself SO much that she became an almost Borg like entity, wanting to instill full on anti-life blasts on those she seems imperfect for the sake of cohesion. She then logically projected her repressed feelings onto Blue and Yellow, who projected THEIR feelings onto Pink, who couldn't stand ANY of that so she moved out, and changed her identity to avoid her problems. Thanks to Steven though, they'll take new steps to breaking the chain of abuse, and create a better Gem-society across the cosmos.

Damn what an upside...

Very happy they confirmed that Steven has always been Steven, both human and gem. While Pink / Rose will always be a part of him, she isn't in there anymore as a conscious entity. When both human and gem Steven realized this, they both couldn't stop laughing tears of joy. His mom really did give up herself for him and was not just hiding from her problems inside him. This is also a really neat flashback to Rose and Greg when they fell in love. Greg was sad he could never "fuse" with Rose, but Steven is, in essence, a fusion of the two of them.