[TV] Steven Universe (spoilers)

I thought it might be a good idea to create a unique thread for SU spoiler discussion so that the main animation thread doesn't get overwhelmed.

Okay, I'll bite!

Is anyone else wondering what they did with Jasper? I hate to say this, but the smart thing would have been to "poof" her like they did Peridot and bubble her for now. On one hand, it is kinda cruel, but it's neutralizing a threat like the other gem creatures they've bubbled. Leaving her on the island creates more drama from a story point, but I would hope the Crystal Gems were practical in this case.

I'm worried that Steven bubbling the cluster is like putting a band aid on a gaping wound. It's a temporary solution, at best. But to address what @Zero Esc said, I think what we're seeing is why Rose Quartz created Steven in the first place. The Gems are a conquering race with no value of others, or even themselves at times. Steven values life and wants to find any means necessary to preserve it. I like that he is the anti-Gem in that regard. I know it's not always going to work, but his kindness and trust have worked better in the long run than the use of force (Centipeetle, Lapis, Peridot, for example).

Okay, I'll bite!

Is anyone else wondering what they did with Jasper? I hate to say this, but the smart thing would have been to "poof" her like they did Peridot and bubble her for now. On one hand, it is kinda cruel, but it's neutralizing a threat like the other gem creatures they've bubbled. Leaving her on the island creates more drama from a story point, but I would hope the Crystal Gems were practical in this case.

I'm worried that Steven bubbling the cluster is like putting a band aid on a gaping wound. It's a temporary solution, at best. But to address what @Zero Esc said, I think what we're seeing is why Rose Quartz created Steven in the first place. The Gems are a conquering race with no value of others, or even themselves at times. Steven values life and wants to find any means necessary to preserve it. I like that he is the anti-Gem in that regard. I know it's not always going to work, but his kindness and trust have worked better in the long run than the use of force (Centipeetle, Lapis, Peridot, for example).
-- It looked like Jasper fell into the fissure created by the earthquake. I think the implication is that they lost track of her in the chaos.

-- The thing that they need to figure out is how to sort out crystal fragments and rebuild the gems that they came from. As for Steven having a specific function, that seems a bit Machiavellian on Rose's part, but the show does go that dark sometimes, so.... maybe?

I'm pretty sure we're going to see Jasper try to force a fusion with the Cluster or something. That seems like the natural evolution of her character. Alternatively, she pops back up whenever Yellow Diamond decides to get off her butt and come to Earth.

From what I've seen, after defusing Lapis is knocked the fuck OUT and it'll take about as or maybe less time for Jasper to wake up. The difference being....she'll be at the bottom of the ocean. AND-considering logically her mindscape will PROBABLY be a bit muddled, she is gon' go on a revenge trip of self-discovery. And then after trying to kill Steven, they will then become friends because STEVEN! I hope she becomes like, the Piccolo to Steven's Gohan.

ALSO-once again the Gem's urge to keep Steven safe was the absolute wrong move. STOP CODDLING HIM!

ALSO-once again the Gem's urge to keep Steven safe was the absolute wrong move. STOP CODDLING HIM!
In this case, it probably was the right move. They had to fuse into Alexandrite just to match Malacite's size and power... they wouldn't have been able to cover him. And Malacite had NO trouble slaughtering the Watermelon Stevens, so I imagine Lapis wasn't exactly in control anymore. Steven could have EASILY gotten squished.

There is also the fact that if Steven HAD gone with them, he'd have been stuck on the island with them and Peridot would have had to try and stop the cluster by herself... something her machine clearly couldn't do. Basically, if Steven hadn't been with her, the world would have been destroyed.

I think Jasper's gem might be cracked and that's why we didn't see her face.

Also, Tumblr reminded me that all gems can shapeshift, so they could have stopped Jasper from falling into the fissure and either forgot or were too tired from the big fusion or didn't really care that much (besides Steven, who always cares).

If my theory is right and Steven heals Jasper, that might be the start of bringing her over to the winning team, because it seems Steven is going to befriend the entire universe by the end of this show.

-- The thing that they need to figure out is how to sort out crystal fragments and rebuild the gems that they came from.
I'm not certain that's even possible at this point. Rose Quartz wanted to heal shattered gems, but even figuring out which pieces match which may not be doable. The shards may need to form a new consciousness, and the bubble could give them the chance to do that.

What they really need to do is find a way to extract the Cluster from the Earth. If it forms in space, it won't cause them problems just by existing, and could potentially help protect the planet.

YES-Crystal Gem Mogo! That'd be rad.

As for them not saving Jasper, keep in mind they were both A.) On a breaking cliff and were holding onto a Watermelon Steven and the one Homeworlder they knew didn't automatically want to kill them and B.)They just defused from Alexandrite, quite possibly their most complicated fusion. ALSO-Pearl...tried to save her, so yeah!

I'd be totally down if Jasper was cracked, AND if that were how Steven got the confidence to get his fusion powers working again.

(Whoops, posted in the other thread)

Anyway, we don't like you either, Universe-writers! Get out of our air space!

Not gonna lie though, was kinda hoping they'd have a more clever name than...Jersey. Pennsylvania became Keystone, why couldn't we get a fancy new SU name?

I'm just glad they stayed away from Metropolis and Gotham, those could have ended badly. :)

I was a little surprised that the galaxy warp pad wasn't repaired. I thought there was a chance Steven's attempt to fix it in "Catch and Release" was successful, just not immediately so (which would give Yellow Diamond a backdoor to Earth.)

figmentPez

Staff member
In Lapis's flashback, I could identify a lot of the gem types, including multiple Jaspers, but what was the thing that attacked her with the multi-colored dreads/tentacles for hair?

In Lapis's flashback, I could identify a lot of the gem types, including multiple Jaspers, but what was the thing that attacked her with the multi-colored dreads/tentacles for hair?
At this point no-one knows, judging from her Gem I'm assuming Bismuth, as in the bubbled Gem in Lion's dimension. I REALLY hope she's a rogue Crystal Gem, that'd be awesome.

Last edited:
Great, now we have to have spoiler tags in the spoiler thread because Cartoon Network decided France should get the last two episodes early, not realizing how ravenous the fanbase for this show is.

Would it be considered unacceptable or get Halforums in trouble for me to link the Dailymotion upload for those who haven't seen them yet? I don't want this thread degenerating into just spoiler tags like it became in the thread we were ousted from.

Great, now we have to have spoiler tags in the spoiler thread because Cartoon Network decided France should get the last two episodes early, not realizing how ravenous the fanbase for this show is.

Would it be considered unacceptable or get Halforums in trouble for me to link the Dailymotion upload for those who haven't seen them yet? I don't want this thread degenerating into just spoiler tags like it became in the thread we were ousted from.
How about we handle spoilers less formally by using the following format:

Episode Name

Spoilers go here

As for linking the videos, I think it's probably enough that we know where they are and are easy to find by searching for the episode title.

I'ma just say it though...can one really call this an "Event"? It was like just, five normal back to back episodes. Honestly it felt more like it ended in the middle than the actual ending.

EITHER WAY-I need more of the Ruby rangers.

I'ma just say it though...can one really call this an "Event"? It was like just, five normal back to back episodes. Honestly it felt more like it ended in the middle than the actual ending.

EITHER WAY-I need more of the Ruby rangers.

I kind of have to agree. The primary thing the event was named after was done on the FIRST NIGHT of the event, with the rest of the episodes hardly having the same weight. At least the Week of Sardonyx actually haf 5 episodes where the shit ABOUT Sardonyx MATTERED.

I kind of have to agree. The primary thing the event was named after was done on the FIRST NIGHT of the event, with the rest of the episodes hardly having the same weight. At least the Week of Sardonyx actually haf 5 episodes where the shit ABOUT Sardonyx MATTERED.
Its kind of like Grant Morrison's Batman run, how they give certain parts of it EXCITING names to make you think its a stand-alone story...where in reality, its the damn middle of it and not even the start of said story.