[TV] Steven Universe (spoilers)

Most shows I don't care for filler episodes, but after so much stuff going on, it's nice to be back to hijinks in Beach City.

... temporarily. The Steven Universe crew is urging people not to go seeking leaks and spoilers for weeks 3 and 4, which suggests something big.

Honestly, this is one of the shows I avoid spoilers because I like to be surprised, the exception being the early-released episodes from France.

Most shows I don't care for filler episodes, but after so much stuff going on, it's nice to be back to hijinks in Beach City.

... temporarily. The Steven Universe crew is urging people not to go seeking leaks and spoilers for weeks 3 and 4, which suggests something big.
There are no filler episodes in Steven Universe. The show has two parallel stories:

- Steven the Kid, dealing with the lives of his friends, family, and neighbors in Beach City.
and
- Steven the Gem, dealing with his attempts to protect the world from Homeworld and Gem monsters.

... and some episodes that you think are about one side are really about the other. Mr. Greg features Pearl, but is about Steven trying to essentially get two estranged family members to talk to each other. Laser Light Cannon is about Steven and Greg trying to find a weapon to stop the Red Eye, but it's REALLY about Steven learning about how Greg felt about Rose. So really, there aren't any filler episodes because every episode is essential to the development of Steven as a character.

There are no filler episodes in Steven Universe. The show has two parallel stories:

- Steven the Kid, dealing with the lives of his friends, family, and neighbors in Beach City.
and
- Steven the Gem, dealing with his attempts to protect the world from Homeworld and Gem monsters.

... and some episodes that you think are about one side are really about the other. Mr. Greg features Pearl, but is about Steven trying to essentially get two estranged family members to talk to each other. Laser Light Cannon is about Steven and Greg trying to find a weapon to stop the Red Eye, but it's REALLY about Steven learning about how Greg felt about Rose. So really, there aren't any filler episodes because every episode is essential to the development of Steven as a character.
You know what I meant. This isn't part of the season's plot.

Also, Uncle Grandpa crossover.

You know what I meant. This isn't part of the season's plot.

Also, Uncle Grandpa crossover.
Ehh... is a cross over really a filler episode? It's not canon. That makes it more of a special than filler.

Aren't we supposed to be getting an Adventure Time and Steven Universe crossover at some point?

Ehh... is a cross over really a filler episode? It's not canon. That makes it more of a special than filler.
It sure felt like filler ifyouknowwhatImean :awesome:.

Aren't we supposed to be getting an Adventure Time and Steven Universe crossover at some point?
I'm guessing Adventure Time crosses dimensions again. But before or after Adventure Time reboots?

I don't have access to it at the moment, but I remember there was something in the Uncle Grandpa crossover that was new and canonical Steven Universe information at the time. I had to catch it the second time around because the first time I just skipped over it after 5 minutes.

*BREATHES IN* CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTIPEETLE! FUCK YES!

ALSO-should we now assume that Gems of similar types corrupt in the same way? AND WHO WAS HER COMMANDER?! FOR EVERY ANSWER TWO MORE QUESTIONS!

*BREATHES IN* CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTIPEETLE! FUCK YES!

ALSO-should we now assume that Gems of similar types corrupt in the same way? AND WHO WAS HER COMMANDER?! FOR EVERY ANSWER TWO MORE QUESTIONS!
My assumption would be Yellow Diamond or her representative, both by her being the only Yellow figure in the drawings and by the symbol of the Diamond Authority (sans the Pink Diamond found on earlier works). That also leads to the obvious: the war ended when the Diamonds scourged the warzone with that light and failed to penetrate Rose Quartz's shield (most likely protecting just her, Pearl, and Garnet). Unable to defeat the Rebellion with even their greatest weapon, they chose to leave rather than sacrifice more Gems (as they were probably running low on resources even then). If this correct, then it also confirms the "Rose is Pink Diamond" theory, as it's likely only a Diamond could protect themselves from the power of another Diamond.

All in all, we learned a lot from this week's episode.

Agreed on most fronts, ALTHOUGH I'm not sure that was Yellow Diamond for two reasons: ONE-she used an orange crayon. Steven had a whole box with him, she could've used yellow. TWO-the little rectangle on her chest, I think that was her Gem.

ALSO-does Steven activating the ship's door mean anything? I feel like it does.

ALSO-does Steven activating the ship's door mean anything? I feel like it does.
Centipeedle did look at him funny when he managed to do it. It's ether something that only works for Gems or something that only works of Gems of a sufficient rank/purity. Which would make sense: if Rose was a big mucky muck, Steven would have her rank too.

I don't know if it's vision difference, but I'm with Ash--the figure looked yellow to me. My wife verifies. Might want to check your TV/comp's color hue, Yoshi.

I know a lot of severe stuff went on in this episode and seeing Centipeedle struggle was heartbreaking, but I can't get over:

Steven: "Look what I can do!" *smash plate*

I can't think of it without laughing.

Might be, I saw orange but might be. I'm also wondering about the rectangle on her chest, could that be her Gem? Hell wer'e getting you-know-who in a few weeks or so, maybe she'll show up as well!

Its a weirdly realistic abusive relationship, both contributed to the toxicity of it and both are victims. Jasper was trapped in that form but loved the power that came from it, getting a warped belief in what fusion is. Lapis took out EVERYTHING on Jasper, trapping her forever in a state of fusion hell, and as much as she hated it herself she even began to miss Jasper.

I think the amazing thing about the whole episode is it actually seems like Jasper could still redeem herself from this. And if she doesn't, I don't see how the show could keep it's theme.