[Brazelton] Stefan "Robbie Rotten" Karl

I was really impressed by how proud he was of this little role. Like, he knew it was just this thing on a kids show... but he also knew that it mattered to a lot of people and took them seriously for having such fondness for it. At the very least, he knew that he'd be internet famous for the rest of time.

I haven’t seen the show, but my wife was forced to sit through a lot of them thanks to our son’s TV habit. She told me that the show was very classist, glorifying how the Jock (Sportacus) would always get the better of the Nerd (Robbie), and how this would be reinforced by Robbie reading comic books/playing with action figures/doing cosplay, and how all he (Robbie) really wanted was to be left alone.

—Patrick

I don't know why I assume once someone is given support to pay for cancer treatment that that means the cancer's done. I've made that mistake over and over, like my brain can't fathom that sometimes it's too far along. I thought he'd gotten better.

I thought he'd gotten better.
He said he had.
But then he got worse again.

It looks like he had surgery to remove the localized bits (the ones that could actually be gathered and removed) but that he then refused further treatment to chase after any of the latent bits, and then whaddya know some of the latent bits flared up and they were in places a scalpel couldn't reach, so even though he started chemo at that point, he couldn't chase off that second wave, and here we are.

--Patrick

I haven’t seen the show, but my wife was forced to sit through a lot of them thanks to our son’s TV habit. She told me that the show was very classist, glorifying how the Jock (Sportacus) would always get the better of the Nerd (Robbie), and how this would be reinforced by Robbie reading comic books/playing with action figures/doing cosplay, and how all he (Robbie) really wanted was to be left alone.

—Patrick
The fact that Robbie Rotten was both the busiest person in town (which even gets commented on) and secretly the hero in some episodes is something that only makes sense if you're watching it as an adult. This is both partly intentional (to show that Robbie isn't really a bad person) and partly to due to cultural differences. You need to remember that LazyTown is an adaption of Icelandic stage plays for kids; hell, Sportacus is an elf in the plays and they joke about this in the show by NEVER showing his ears.