[Movies] Star Wars The Force Awakens SPOILER THREAD!

I was disappointed we didn't get a third star wars song from weird al.
I saw an interview with him online a few weeks ago, he was asked about another SW parody song, he said he wasn't doing another. Current concerts have 2 SW songs in them, Saga Begins and Yoda, he said if any more were added to his playlist it would become a SW concert instead of a Weird Al concert.

Looking at that meme reminds me of how weird it is when they hire an actor taller then the two people that are supposed to be his parents. Ben looks like he would tower over Leia. I know that can happen (might even happen with my son, he is way tall for his age) but it still looks weird to me sometimes. Haha.

Looking at that meme reminds me of how weird it is when they hire an actor taller then the two people that are supposed to be his parents. Ben looks like he would tower over Leia. I know that can happen (might even happen with my son, he is way tall for his age) but it still looks weird to me sometimes. Haha.
I am taller than both of my parents. My mom is tall for a woman, so I think I got a gene from her, plus being male, I end up trailer than both.

I am taller than both of my parents. My mom is tall for a woman, so I think I got a gene from her, plus being male, I end up trailer than both.
Like I said, I know it's possible, it just always looks weird to me, even more so when someone like Carrie Fisher herself is so tiny. Even though I have two very tall parents, I have always been a hair shorter then my dad.

You have to remember that childhood nutrition has a lot to do with adult height. This is why second generation immigrants from many countries - the ones who were born or at least grew up here - wind up being much taller than their parents. They get a lot more protein in their diet, which helps foster bone and muscle growth.

So if Han Solo grew up on the streets of Corellia, as has been vaguely alluded to, it's no wonder that he's not as tall as his son is. And at 6'1" he's not exactly short.

Side note: this is also the reason given for why the Grand Army of the Republic clones are taller than Jango Fett was (Temuera Morrison is 5'7", the clones are listed as being 6 foot or 1.83 meters). Jango grew up as a poor farmer on Concord Dawn until probably just before adolescence, then joined a band of soldiers - Jaster Mereel and the True Mandalorians - who were being hunted at the time. While he eventually was able to get enough food to pack on muscle, his growth was slightly stunted due to malnutrition. The clones, being raised assembly line style for strength and durability, received diets tailored to meet their nutritional needs.

Last edited:
Also, if a child (or clone) was raised on a world with lower gravity than their parents, it might result in some taller kids too.
Ah, now we're going back to some literary sci-fi. Larry Niven in particular. Crashlander was about Beowulf Schaefer, a Crashlander from We Made It. You can guess how well the colony ship fared based off the names. It was a low gravity world - about 60% of Earth normal gravity - and due to nasty winds (about 500mph for much of the year) the colony is underground, so Crashlanders are almost all 7 to 8 foot tall albinos.

Finally got my chance to see it tonight. One thing.. thtuck with me. Anyone elth notith how the Firtht Order thpeaker had a lithp during hith big thpeech?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

This is made all the more hilarious by your avatar, by the way.