Star Wars Ep. VII has a name...

...and it's "The Force Awakens"!

I tihnk we can all agree, Lucas might have sucked at writing dialogue, political intrigue and needed an editor that could say NO to him more then anything, but damn, he knew how to title stuff.

I'm picturing old man Skywalker shuffling over to get his coffee. "Hey, it's been 30 years! It's takes a little while to get started, okay?"

Dave

Staff member
See, I don't like that title. I would prefer something like, "The Force Rises".

I look forward to many jokes revolving around referring to penises as "the force" for years to come.

And Dave delivers.

Episode XI: The Force Wonders Why All These "Entry" Positions Call for Three to Five Years of Experience

Episode XII: The Force Decides to Go Freelance

Anyway, I don't hate the title. I'm guessing it means the Force will awaken in one or more of the new younger characters, and the older characters (mainly Luke, probably) will find and train them.

Anyway, I don't hate the title. I'm guessing it means the Force will awaken in one or more of the new younger characters, and the older characters (mainly Luke, probably) will find and train them.
That's what I'm guessing also. Luke, being one of the last known Jedi, reforms a Temple and begins finding and training new Padawans. It's basically what he did in the novels, so even EU folks could be behind it.

Oh, also, calling it now...

Luke dies in Episode 7, to keep with the tradition of Jedi mentors dying (Qui-Gonn, Obi-Wan).

For all the complaints people have about the storyline as a whole, Lucas didn't pull his punches. Of course it's just a typical monomyth, but still, I'm worried Disney won't be able to do it.

JJ Abrams, however, can handle it as long as he's given the go-ahead.
I don't know, that would be kinda way too cliché to do a 3rd time.

I mean the OT at least departed from the norm by having the roguish sidekick get the girl instead of the hero (even if they punk'd out a bit by making her his sister).

And if the PT hadn't sucked so much it would have noticeably weaker a story because it had no departures from the norm imo...

So i'm really hoping the ST will at least try to mix things up a little, while still following the monomyth thing...

Maybe this time he'll shake things up by adding mysteries that wind up going nowhere, conspiracies that are so complicated they wind up being idiotic, lens flare, plot holes, lens flare, and fanservicey references that don't really make sense in context.

But in a good way! That trailer showed us absolutely nothing, but I still loved it, because it looked Star Warsy.
Well it certainly fits Star Wars better then Star Trek...

Also, the relative sparseness of lens flare helps a lot.

A few friends have expressed doubt in the lightsaber, but I think it opens some new avenues for pretty brutal, heavy-swing style saber combat which sounds Dark Side as hell.
Yeah, except if your blade gets pushed or torqued at all, you'll slice your own hands off.

The trailer made me less excited about the movie.

Two-handed sabers are nothing new, though I'm pretty sure most would have just had a cortosis cross guard instead of one with DANGEROUS SABER BITS NEXT TO YOUR FINGERS. Still pretty cool though.