Star Trek Discovery

My on-going theory right now is that this whole Red Angel thing is just a time travel plot by future Section 31 rebels, essentially to push the Federation's future leadership in a direction that would be less favorable to General Order One and more favorable to activist intervention, because it's THE ONLY way I can see them existing as it's current organization during the TNG/DS9/VOY era. Because EVERY FUCKING DECISION this season flies in the face of the Prime Directive... and while small breaks are more acceptable (I'm okay with Pike giving the guy a battery so that those settlers can have lights/power and telling that guy to move on with his life), what happened during the Saru episode is JANEWAY LEVELS of stupid.

I prefered my old theory (that this was a build up to Iconians) because it's just way... way less stupid.

So Star Trek and the Matrix are both in the same universe.

Or Brainiac will show up later in the season.

Basically. But they at least had some good reasons...

Though it doesn't explain why the Klingons haven't been pursuing Spore Drive technology in the meantime.

All in all, the season was pretty hit or miss but it at least ended well. Let's see where Season 3 ends up.

I'm just watching episode 10 of the current season right now since I've been pretty much hate watching it.

I HAAATE this episode. This is the dumbest time travel bullshit Star Trek has ever pulled.