[Brazelton] Stan Lee dead at 95

I can't be sad about his passing. He lived a great life that influenced so many. He got to see his creations grow from something nerdy kids loved, to something nerdy adults loved, to something everyone loves. If I have a fraction of the kind of life he had, I will consider it a win. Excelsior, Stan the Man, and Godspeed to Valhalla.

This is a sad one for me. Spider-Man is and always will be THE hero for me. Of course, he was 95, so I'd been expecting this for a bit. Still, it hurts a bit.

You rest now, Mr. Lee. You've earned it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Fuck Bill Maher.

"The guy who created Spider-Man and the Hulk has died, and America is in mourning," Maher wrote. "Deep, deep morning for a man who inspired millions to, I don’t know, watch a movie, I guess. "

"Now, I have nothing against comic books – I read them now and then when I was a kid and I was all out of Hardy Boys. But the assumption everyone had back then, both the adults and the kids, was that comics were for kids, and when you grew up you moved on to big-boy books without the pictures."

What a pretentious douche-canoe.

Fuck Bill Maher.

"The guy who created Spider-Man and the Hulk has died, and America is in mourning," Maher wrote. "Deep, deep morning for a man who inspired millions to, I don’t know, watch a movie, I guess. "

"Now, I have nothing against comic books – I read them now and then when I was a kid and I was all out of Hardy Boys. But the assumption everyone had back then, both the adults and the kids, was that comics were for kids, and when you grew up you moved on to big-boy books without the pictures."

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
― C.S. Lewis

Fuck Bill Maher.

Sorry, there's no rating for "Look who's being a pretentious AND ignorant asshole. Again."

Shut up already, Maher. You weren't "above" comics then, and you certainly aren't now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Even if he had a point, which he doesn't, would that mean that he'd say something like "A. A. Milne has died, and everybody's all sad about a guy who wrote about a bear. Grow up." What a fucktrumpet.

I applaud many of the times he has decided to be provocative, but not all of them.

—Patrick

Last edited: