[Question] Squidleybits needs your help! with French language training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squidleybits has started intensive full time French language training and she needs to learn some important phrases not covered by her instructor, such as;

My husband is a:

dumbass
dink
brain fart
pylon

etc, etc, etc...

GasBandit

Staff member
The only french I ever learned was from Dexter's Lab, and I just recently learned it's incorrect anyway.

Well, of course there was that one other phrase I learned from Lady Marmalade, but I hardly think that appropriate.

dumbass - con
dink - epais
f bomb - colisse, asti, tabarnaque....

To get good marks in class, "Si je te fais voir mes seins, et ce que j'aurais mon note de passage?"

dumbass - con
dink - epais
f bomb - colisse, asti, tabarnaque....

To get good marks in class, "Si je te fais voir mes seins, et ce que j'aurais mon note de passage?"
Pas s'il est adonné aux plaisirs.

Peut-être qu'il aime la bite.

My conjugation is most likely terrible. It's been well over a decade since I took a french class.

It also means you're welcome in German.

So when a German guy goes to a French guy, "Bitte", wars get started.

Bitte is pronounced slightly differently, but yeah, it's one of those words that can cause issues.

like "J'ai femme" and "J'ai faim"

Bear in mind that Jay's slang is HEAVILY slanted towards Qubecois, which while provincial, might not always be understood by all francophones.

The f-bomb in mainland French is more likely to be putain - "Putain merde!" F****** s***!

You can work that one like an adverb, too... "Cettes putaneries!" This f****** mess/problems!

There's all sorts of ways you can work the language, just like in English.

Thanks guys! I only have the first few workbooks and they lack certain conversation fundamentals :)

Working on my little story about my weekend now using the past tense!

Status
Not open for further replies.