Spayce Murh-reens!

Zappit

Staff member
Last night, I was bored, browsing, and just a bit impulsive. The end result is that I picked up a number of Primaris Marines kits from Amazon. Yeah, a pandemic is the perfect time to get back into a very social game, right? I tossed the majority of my WH40K stuff years ago, and damned if I don’t have regrets.

But, since they made bigger Space Marines and the older ones are sort of obsolete, I guess I can get over it. While I wait for my models to arrive, I have to decide on a color scheme. So...help me decide!

016FF5CA-8D94-4FF6-8509-139FE5C11AF3.png

871D386F-EA50-42C7-AC24-CE1EF4BB0059.png

07F1ADAC-EA28-4EC7-BAD6-97AFCE3663A3.png

A5D1AD86-4B00-4CB4-83B9-AE72BD7C1FC3.png

4A39C6E8-D5AC-4446-B276-01988185EB0C.png

8B9D9B23-991E-4F3C-A392-D3DE2C507E6E.png

48F93A84-8C96-4E56-A3D8-FC0FD9E0E1F7.png

You might have noticed there was no red or yellow armor.

Damn right.

Sooooo...does this mean you’re also going to post a lineart version so we can all join in the fun?

—Patrick

Zappit

Staff member
I am waiting on...everything to arrive, and I’m completely out of the loop on what Marines can play now. I still have a few select pieces I saved from my big purge, and I have to dig those out. I’m not even entirely sure what I still have.

What I have arriving this week, though, is...
Marine codex
Know No Fear set
Aggressors - two sets

I think I still have my Centurion sprues - at least I hope I do, since they seem viable nowadays.

Edit: I dug out what I saved:
One customized, unpainted Master of the Forge

Ten Grey Knight Terminators

Five Dark Angels Terminators

Five vanilla Storm Shield/Thunderhammer Terminators

Two Ironclad Dreadnoughts

One Dreadnought with lascannons/missle launcher

Really wish I saved those Centurions...

Last edited:
I like your grey one with the tan pouches, though I feel like it could really use a slash of colour somewhere on it.

I like the new models GW has been... but my friends and I are now firmly stuck in the past playing 6th edition lol. We have a staggering amount of miniatures collected over the past 2 decades and we refuse to buy more (even if they are cool).

Zappit

Staff member
I like your grey one with the tan pouches, though I feel like it could really use a slash of colour somewhere on it.

I like the new models GW has been... but my friends and I are now firmly stuck in the past playing 6th edition lol. We have a staggering amount of miniatures collected over the past 2 decades and we refuse to buy more (even if they are cool).
I think I’m going with that color scheme. Gray with silver trim. I saw a tutorial on blending metallic paints that produced a nice effect, and I’m going to try to replicate that.

Given that I’m acquiring a lot of Death Guard miniatures with the sets I’ve bought, I think I might pick up a few more and their Codex to have two armies. I don’t know if I’ll keep the Nexrons from the 9th edition kit. I might try to trade them since I don’t use ebay.

Primaris? Disgusting. My beloved Necrons are ALSO getting new cool models.

/looks at the rules for the new Necron stuff compared to the new Primaris stuff.

Well, at least the Necrons look cool...

Zappit

Staff member
Primaris? Disgusting. My beloved Necrons are ALSO getting new cool models.

/looks at the rules for the new Necron stuff compared to the new Primaris stuff.

Well, at least the Necrons look cool...
I haven’t seen their rules yet. Are they that bad?

Do I get to play a zombie robot spider super scientist from 60 million years ago who's model is literally him flaying a human psyker alive while his magical future technology is sucking up his precious fluids?

In other words, I like evil robots from the future from the past.

1593914713244.png

Also, LOOK AT THIS GUY. The Silent King of the Necrons himself aboard his pimp throne powered by a shattered remnant of the gods he betrayed and crushed.

1593915154625.png

Last edited:
The new Primaris stuff is ridiculous good. The Necrons, not so much.
Pfffft... duh. SPAAAAZZZZ MUHREEENS!!!!!!

This coming from a Space Marines player. They always get preferential treatment.

Necrons... well in GW's mind... they just aren't Space Marines.

Zappit

Staff member
Well, irony strikes again. I settled on using Imperial Fists rules, and now it looks like 9th Edition is increasing the points cost of both Centurion Devastators AND Heavy Bolters. It doesn’t look like little increases, either...

Zappit

Staff member
And dang, the Indomitus set sold out almost instantly...I was lucky enough to preorder through an Amazon vendor with a good rating. I’m tempted to send them a thank-you for offering the set that way.

Yeah, that whole dealie was a shit show. I'm a little ok with not having the money to even want to buy one right now.

Zappit

Staff member
Rumor has it they may be doing a second wave of the set given how this one went. They screwed it up bad. People found clear evidence that despite the limit of three imposed, at least one scalper managed to buy over 100 copies.

People are using bot nets more and more to target exclusive and limited releases. It sucks so much because these parasites are ruining a lot of hobbies for people.

It sucks so much because these parasites are ruining a lot of hobbies for people.
Elmo dolls, Ticketmaster, HFT, Bitcoin, MtG, whatever. Sooner or later, someone finds a way to use technology to corner a market, and then they will do that very thing to death all the while smugly declaring, "If they aren't actively preventing me from doing it then it must be okay."

--Patrick

A friend of mine just dropped off the Necron half of Indomitus. He decided he'd rather just give them to me rather than try to sell them in the sea of SM players trying desperately to dump their Necron halves.

So that was a win today. I'm gonna build me some newcrons.

Zappit

Staff member
A friend of mine just dropped off the Necron half of Indomitus. He decided he'd rather just give them to me rather than try to sell them in the sea of SM players trying desperately to dump their Necron halves.

So that was a win today. I'm gonna build me some newcrons.
Niiiiice. I just got my copy of Indomitus, and I’m thinking about getting another.

I’m also very torn right now when it comes to how to build my Marines. The new point values kind of...obliterated Imperial Fists. Centurions received huge point increases - so glad I picked up two kits. Heavy Bolters also went up. Siegebreaker Cohorts are also gone. Aggressors are still good, so I’ll go full-out on those. Inceptors also look to be good, and I’ve got a full squad of those, too.

And, of course, Intercessor kits are sold out, so building up my infantry took a hit. In fact, a large number of kits are sold out.

There’s also new Codexes coming out for both Space Marines and Necrons in October, so maybe there will be a big restock soon.

Man, building the new models has been a treat. The new warriors are so much less of a hassle to build. They don't do that you need three hands or the ability to see the future and glue things at the exact right angle before attaching them properly bullshit the old ones did that made them a pain in the ass to build. Nice to know there's some new rules in the little bits of the new codex that was spoiled that make it worthwhile to build the reaper gauss shotguns on warriors too. So half and half will be what I do. Maybe if I can catch someone desperate to sell their Necron half locally I'll get another half for the Destroyers and the warriors. (the Canoptek reanimator is just an abysmally ruled model, despite how neato it looks)

Zappit

Staff member
All Original Recipe Marines - Chaos included - are going to 2 wounds! Terminators are going to 3! Chaos just became far more playable. Death Guard just became ridiculous!

Every Codex is getting weapons/wounds adjusted this edition. Necrons will get their new codex in October with Space Marines. Even more interesting, ALL Marine factions are going in that Codex - so it will likely be a massive book.

This is also why so many kits aren’t available on the GW website. They were pulled back to be repacked with updated data sheets.

Zappit

Staff member
Scouts rules leaked. They stay one wound, and regular bolters are still 24” range.

However, Heavy Bolters keep all their old stats but now deal 2 damage. Looks like Centurions are back on the menu!