Spayce Murh-reens!

Zappit

Staff member
Last night, I was bored, browsing, and just a bit impulsive. The end result is that I picked up a number of Primaris Marines kits from Amazon. Yeah, a pandemic is the perfect time to get back into a very social game, right? I tossed the majority of my WH40K stuff years ago, and damned if I don’t have regrets.

But, since they made bigger Space Marines and the older ones are sort of obsolete, I guess I can get over it. While I wait for my models to arrive, I have to decide on a color scheme. So...help me decide!

016FF5CA-8D94-4FF6-8509-139FE5C11AF3.png

871D386F-EA50-42C7-AC24-CE1EF4BB0059.png

07F1ADAC-EA28-4EC7-BAD6-97AFCE3663A3.png

A5D1AD86-4B00-4CB4-83B9-AE72BD7C1FC3.png

4A39C6E8-D5AC-4446-B276-01988185EB0C.png

8B9D9B23-991E-4F3C-A392-D3DE2C507E6E.png

48F93A84-8C96-4E56-A3D8-FC0FD9E0E1F7.png

You might have noticed there was no red or yellow armor.

Damn right.

Zappit

Staff member
Played around more and I’m very partial to this...
266A553A-6E8D-4CD1-8BD6-2617601EB61C.png

Sooooo...does this mean you’re also going to post a lineart version so we can all join in the fun?

—Patrick

Zappit

Staff member
I am waiting on...everything to arrive, and I’m completely out of the loop on what Marines can play now. I still have a few select pieces I saved from my big purge, and I have to dig those out. I’m not even entirely sure what I still have.

What I have arriving this week, though, is...
Marine codex
Know No Fear set
Aggressors - two sets

I think I still have my Centurion sprues - at least I hope I do, since they seem viable nowadays.

Edit: I dug out what I saved:
One customized, unpainted Master of the Forge

Ten Grey Knight Terminators

Five Dark Angels Terminators

Five vanilla Storm Shield/Thunderhammer Terminators

Two Ironclad Dreadnoughts

One Dreadnought with lascannons/missle launcher

Really wish I saved those Centurions...

Last edited:

Zappit

Staff member
Whoo-boy. I just preordered the new starter set. I also bought a copy of Dark Imperium.

I like your grey one with the tan pouches, though I feel like it could really use a slash of colour somewhere on it.

I like the new models GW has been... but my friends and I are now firmly stuck in the past playing 6th edition lol. We have a staggering amount of miniatures collected over the past 2 decades and we refuse to buy more (even if they are cool).

Zappit

Staff member
I like your grey one with the tan pouches, though I feel like it could really use a slash of colour somewhere on it.

I like the new models GW has been... but my friends and I are now firmly stuck in the past playing 6th edition lol. We have a staggering amount of miniatures collected over the past 2 decades and we refuse to buy more (even if they are cool).
I think I’m going with that color scheme. Gray with silver trim. I saw a tutorial on blending metallic paints that produced a nice effect, and I’m going to try to replicate that.

Given that I’m acquiring a lot of Death Guard miniatures with the sets I’ve bought, I think I might pick up a few more and their Codex to have two armies. I don’t know if I’ll keep the Nexrons from the 9th edition kit. I might try to trade them since I don’t use ebay.