[News] So what do we all think of the latest attempts to burn PP to the ground?

Has anybody else been paying attention to the recent stuff going down with Planned Parenthood?

My Summary:
So just about a week ago a group released a video claiming it showed PP selling Fetal tissue. In response the congress stopped a bill that would create a commemerative coin for Susan G Kolman fund which fights against breast cancer.

Of course even when you watch the original video it's incredibly clear that PP isn't selling tissue and instead is being reimbursed for the large costs of shipping Human Tissue for Biomedical research.

Then just yesterday the Pro-life group again released another video this one again proporting to show a PP exec bargaining with actors claiming to be biomedical researchers over the cost of the samples. Of course the fact that she says "We aren't in it for the money" is overshadowed by her joking around about being able to get a Lamborgini. She also discusses the internal conversations in PP about whether or not slightly changing the abortion procedure violates the Informed consent that they have the patients sign or puts the patients in danger.

So now congress is working up to strip all federal funding of PP over this controversy despite the fact that the $30-$100 reimbursement for shipping costs probably doesn't cover the full cost of providing the samples.

So what do you all think?

Think this thing will go all ACORN where despite the utter lack of evidence of wrongdoing or a crime a non-profit doing good will have to shutter it's doors? Or do you think that PP should not be in the practice of providing tissue to research groups?

Dave

Staff member
Heavily edited video taken by the same group that fucked ACORN? Yeah, not changing my mind at all. But that won't stop all the right wing freaks from flipping out & screaming, "I KNEW IT!!" while forwarding lies to grandma through Facebook.

Dave

Staff member
It's not the same group, just the same tactic - secret candid camera recording.
The people involved have ties to O'Keefe, the guy who did the ACORN bullshit. So yeah, it might not be the same people, but it's the same people.

I read the thread title as the latest attempt to burn PvP to the ground, thought "Steve's growing bored again huh? "

Dave

Staff member
You know what I think the biggest problem is? The fact that the people who get up in arms about things like the heavily edited ACORN and PP recordings are the same ones who look at UNEDITED recordings of right wing candidates doing and saying illegal or terrible things and don't give a shit. The ONLY thing these people care about is finding wrong with the left and not right or wrong. The same people that would bitch at Obama even if he cured cancer while turning a blind eye to a baby-killing republican. The same kind who ignore republicans who lie cheat and steal while wanting to impeach Clinton.

People who buy this are hypocritical and willfully stupid to the point that it goes beyond rationality.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know what I think the biggest problem is? The fact that the people who get up in arms about things like the heavily edited ACORN and PP recordings are the same ones who look at UNEDITED recordings of right wing candidates doing and saying illegal or terrible things and don't give a shit. The ONLY thing these people care about is finding wrong with the left and not right or wrong. The same people that would bitch at Obama even if he cured cancer while turning a blind eye to a baby-killing republican. The same kind who ignore republicans who lie cheat and steal while wanting to impeach Clinton.

People who buy this are hypocritical and willfully stupid to the point that it goes beyond rationality.
Partisan, willful, selective blindness is hardly the sole property of only one of the parties.

Sadly, the same people exist on the left. Perhaps not as prevalent as on the right in the US these days, but boneheads who are only capable of Indignant Affront and being confirmed in their bias are definitely a curse on both sides of the aisle.

Sadly, the same people exist on the left. Perhaps not as prevalent as on the right in the US these days, but boneheads who are only capable of Indignant Affront and being confirmed in their bias are definitely a curse on both sides of the aisle.
It's a bit more prevalent nowadays on the right than the left, though.

I still maintain there's no actual left in America, the (big) Democrats are mostly left only by comparison :p[DOUBLEPOST=1437595205,1437595086][/DOUBLEPOST]That said, the whining and taking offense at the horrible stuff Government is doing is currently the left's main course of action over here. Even when it's stuff they should be applauding, or that everyone knew needed to be done but the neglected to do themselves for the last 20 years :p