So there's this occupy Best Buy starting today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you really don't like OWS.
Why would you think that? I have no particular dislike for OWS. I'm making fun of consumerism by comparing it to OWS, and in reverse making fun of OWS for their failed attempts to maintain their camps.

But certainly this is not more harsh than all the other jokes we've made about OWS?

Oh no, I'm just making an observation that you tend to bring it up a lot is all. Not a comment on the level of possible harshness in that post. I really hope I'm making sense.

Honestly? I don't pay much attention to the news. I'm not well read in this area at all. To some degree I'm merely reflecting the news I hear about on the forum. I go to thedailywh.at, and have the top 5 google headlines on my homepage, so perhaps those are the engines that are driving my continued interest in OWS.

I dunno. Maybe I'm hoping it does something good, but tempering my hopes with cynicism.

My sole foray into Black Friday is checking Newegg and Amazon for deals on computer components for the build I'm planning. I am staying far, far, far away otherwise.

Plasma TV's rule!
You know that feeling you get about old people talking about the first telephone their town got between 1900 and 1910?

80 years from now people will read your message and feel the same way about you and your plasma tv.

Then you'll threaten them with your handheld plasmoid cannon and demand they remove themselves from your homogenous groundcover, color G923.

As broke as I am, I am still tempted to get a 32" LCD TV at 1080p if I can find one under $300 on black friday. I want to upgrade my monitor.

GasBandit

Staff member
As broke as I am, I am still tempted to get a 32" LCD TV at 1080p if I can find one under $300 on black friday. I want to upgrade my monitor.
If you use google reader, have it subscribe to the RSS feed for techbargains.com. A month or two ago, I got a 37" 1080p LCD for $250 with free shipping. I'm really happy with it.

But you will have to wade through months worth of a hundred items a day you have no interest in - but in google reader they scroll by fast.

I feel like a lot of this year's Black Friday deals kind of blow. The stuff being made cheaper is stuff I'd never buy; i.e. a TV that big. A book store was offering $5 any purchase... that's crap. Amazon is offering seasons of Friends for low prices... whoop-de-shit. It seems now places just know people are going to buy things the day after Thanksgiving thinking they're going to get awesome deals, and so they don't have to try this year.

Target has Dyson vacuums on sale, and our vacuum died today, so bam, something to buy on Black Friday. (Like I need an excuse to go shopping, bitch please)

Ok, I was going for funneh with the "occupy" headline, but it's obvious too much force was used in this case and things are geting out of hand for peaceful shoppe - oh, you can get ax xbox360 and kinect for $199? GAME ON.

Shoppers pepper sprayed in LA Walmart:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...r-spray-attack-triggered-chaos-screaming.html
This story is a bit more on point with the analogy: Off-duty police pepper spray NC shoppers.

At least they were able to arrest the guy who criticized the use of the pepper spray.

ElJuski

Staff member
what is with this rash of pepperspray incidents?
Also, I almost wrote puppyspray
Added at: 21:12
puppyspray would be fucking awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.