[Drawing] Silver Doodles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what you get when you get a doodler with no means to scan his pictures to make a comic!

ghost.png
Apparently, something you can't read!

Full picture ahead:
ghost.png

The expressions were fantastic. Doodles were perfectly "doodley". With some in "program" clean up, that's going to be amazing, as some of the dialogue was tricky to understand.

Most webcomic artists would kill for a first entry that good though!

Thanks! While it's finish is really rough, I also like how the expressions came!
Added at: 22:41
(also, notice Zappit in the credits: the story is his!)

Zappit

Staff member
Oh, my God. You nailed it. You frickin nailed it. We could clean that up, maybe use a simple lettering method, and BAM! Magic!

If you're game, I could write more stuff, maybe we put something up on the front page or Comicfury.

Push comes to shove, I might be able to handle the formatting/cleanup/lettering on my end, or we recruit a third party.

What you produced is gold, and we can't let that kind of talent go to waste. I don't care if it's once a week/month/year, we can make something great.

Well, I'd need to get a scanner (now parts of the pictures are out of focus) but... let's do some more, I'll keep the original pictures until we can do something clean. I don't know when I'll be able to draw, but I loved doing this comic! (Also probably because I didn't have to draw anything I don't know how to, and I quickly fell in love with this thick-eyebrowed ghost design that came from nowhere).

Zappit

Staff member
I'll get writing, then. What do you want to call this thing? When I first envisioned doing it myself, I thought to use the name Ima-juh-mun-ation, but it's your baby now, too. So feel free to throw in any creative input.

Also, is this ghost story something you'd rather do as an ongoing - I can write for that, too. Or would you rather do one-shots, ala Hark! A Vagrant!

Zappit

Staff member
I was in a collective with KC Green for a few years, and was the guy who went hard to recruit him to Bomb Shelter.

I'll get writing, then. What do you want to call this thing? When I first envisioned doing it myself, I thought to use the name Ima-juh-mun-ation, but it's your baby now, too. So feel free to throw in any creative input.

Also, is this ghost story something you'd rather do as an ongoing - I can write for that, too. Or would you rather do one-shots, ala Hark! A Vagrant!
Oh, crap, I never answered!

I think One-shots is cooler. About the title... I have to say I had to read that 3 times to get what it meant. But I have no alternatives so... XD
Added at: 19:32
(of course, every "one-shots" comic can have recurring characters!)

Zappit

Staff member
One-shots it is. I'll spend some time writing up scripts and fire some scripts off to you in a couple weeks or so.

Name might just need tweaking. Or abandonment for a new one. I'll work on that, too.

I'm not posting stuff because these last days I've been sketching "designs" for my new room.

But, if you like to see some doodles in spanish I did a while ago, you may check my secret webcomic (wich I drew in secret to see how much time I would have felt the motivation to do so without an audience. It wasn't too long)

http://doodlegraphic.tumblr.com/

Zappit

Staff member
I tried to keep it at least kinda easy with most of these - feel free to make artistic adjustments if you need to, bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.