Should I use my balloon boy logo for my new business?

Should I use the balloon boy logo for my new business?

• No. Grow up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...t=a.10151204887894203.517493.587954202&type=1

Can I have your opinion on something?

Should I use my little balloon guy logo (my current profile pic) for my new business, or should I spend time developing a more "corporate" logo/branding/image?

I design electronic things for use by businesses, consumers and electronic hobbyists. I think the logo is fine for hobbyists, but am wondering if consumers or businesses would be put off by the playfulness of it.

What do you think?

Does your new business have a name? That would heavily influence how appropriate the balloon guy may or may not be.

The business name is Semiaxis, LLC.

My first several products/projects will probably be kickstarters for gizmos.[DOUBLEPOST=1376154783,1376154618][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you even have the rights to use it commercially?
When I discussed using for business purposes with @ElJuski years ago when he created it, he indicated he had no issues with it, but I don't have any sort of legal paperwork. I suppose I ought to straighten that out before I officially adopt it, though.

I answered yes, but while I agree with the concept and image, I do believe that you should 'update' it for commercial use. That is, treat the current version as if it were a concept art sketch, but use some sort of higher-quality rendering as your actual logo.

--Patrick

ElJuski

Staff member
The business name is Semiaxis, LLC.

My first several products/projects will probably be kickstarters for gizmos.[DOUBLEPOST=1376154783,1376154618][/DOUBLEPOST]

When I discussed using for business purposes with @ElJuski years ago when he created it, he indicated he had no issues with it, but I don't have any sort of legal paperwork. I suppose I ought to straighten that out before I officially adopt it, though.
Go for it, chum. LEGALLY SETTL'D[DOUBLEPOST=1376511749][/DOUBLEPOST]< ---- oh hey it says I'm a staff member over here. Promotion?

Dave

Staff member
Go for it, chum. LEGALLY SETTL'D[DOUBLEPOST=1376511749][/DOUBLEPOST]< ---- oh hey it says I'm a staff member over here. Promotion?
It looks at every sub and puts staff member on everyone, even if they are only a mod of a single small sub.