Should I use my balloon boy logo for my new business?

Should I use the balloon boy logo for my new business?

• No. Grow up.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
477 134 6
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...t=a.10151204887894203.517493.587954202&type=1

Can I have your opinion on something?

Should I use my little balloon guy logo (my current profile pic) for my new business, or should I spend time developing a more "corporate" logo/branding/image?

I design electronic things for use by businesses, consumers and electronic hobbyists. I think the logo is fine for hobbyists, but am wondering if consumers or businesses would be put off by the playfulness of it.

What do you think?

Reactions
955 185 1
Does your new business have a name? That would heavily influence how appropriate the balloon guy may or may not be.

Reactions
477 134 6
The business name is Semiaxis, LLC.

My first several products/projects will probably be kickstarters for gizmos.[DOUBLEPOST=1376154783,1376154618][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you even have the rights to use it commercially?
When I discussed using for business purposes with @ElJuski years ago when he created it, he indicated he had no issues with it, but I don't have any sort of legal paperwork. I suppose I ought to straighten that out before I officially adopt it, though.

Reactions
1,773 506 14
I answered yes, but while I agree with the concept and image, I do believe that you should 'update' it for commercial use. That is, treat the current version as if it were a concept art sketch, but use some sort of higher-quality rendering as your actual logo.

--Patrick

Reactions
1,773 506 14
I would also turn the head of the boy so he's looking at the balloon. But that's just me.

--Patrick

ElJuski

Staff member
Reactions
26 0 0
The business name is Semiaxis, LLC.

My first several products/projects will probably be kickstarters for gizmos.[DOUBLEPOST=1376154783,1376154618][/DOUBLEPOST]

When I discussed using for business purposes with @ElJuski years ago when he created it, he indicated he had no issues with it, but I don't have any sort of legal paperwork. I suppose I ought to straighten that out before I officially adopt it, though.
Go for it, chum. LEGALLY SETTL'D[DOUBLEPOST=1376511749][/DOUBLEPOST]< ---- oh hey it says I'm a staff member over here. Promotion?

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,688 741 11
Go for it, chum. LEGALLY SETTL'D[DOUBLEPOST=1376511749][/DOUBLEPOST]< ---- oh hey it says I'm a staff member over here. Promotion?
It looks at every sub and puts staff member on everyone, even if they are only a mod of a single small sub.