Shit that got the Random Crap Thread Closed. With PUPPIES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess...I didn't detect the average amount of mean-ness.

Oh well. I'll let it drop. I don't want to get a warning over discussing it.

S

SeraRelm

People reported stuff and it got closed. Basically it comes down to-

The funny thing was, there was no attacks. Not even at Fig, who was going post to post disagreeing with all the scientific ones. Not even Mathias was attacking him, but simply agreeing with the situation.

Whoever was "reporting" that thread was reporting for "omg, serious discussion! Can't have that on my Halforums!". Noone was being mean to anyone.

I've read the thread . It was pretty entertaining.

However, I didn't detect anyone being 'mean'. I think the closest it got was Mathias trying to call out bull in his...usual manner. After pez mentioned his relgious beliefs the thread became a lot LESS hostile...until pez started disagreeing with any scientific fact.

I'd be really interested in knowing what the general reports were saying. Perhaps I'm just tough or maybe I'm insensitive because I just don't see how a discussion on beauty ,sex and a bit of feminism/misogyny was closed.

Edit: Woops. Sorry. I'll leave it be for real this time.

BananaHands

Staff member
I didn't drink much last night, but had the worst hangover of my life today.

Blech. Trying to force myself to go out.

I've read the thread . It was pretty entertaining.

However, I didn't detect anyone being 'mean'. I think the closest it got was Mathias trying to call out bull in his...usual manner. After pez mentioned his relgious beliefs the thread became a lot LESS hostile...until pez started disagreeing with any scientific fact.

I'd be really interested in knowing what the general reports were saying. Perhaps I'm just tough or maybe I'm insensitive because I just don't see how a discussion on beauty ,sex and a bit of feminism/misogyny was closed.

Edit: Woops. Sorry. I'll leave it be for real this time.
I gotta read this shit now.

Okay, I'm sick of this bullshit. No one knows what part of the posts I was disagreeing with, they just assumed based on their prejudice.
:rofl:

Noone was being prejudice figmentPez all anyone was doing was pointing out scientific facts and you were disagreeing with the post. There's nothing to misunderstand here. Keep up the good work though, this thread should be closed or a mod warning should be coming up. Soon as you send a "report" I'm sure.

The funny keeps coming. Hit that dislike button like a red headed step-child! What makes it funny is that you're "tired of this bullshit" yet you keep doing it so we keep laughing.
:rofl:

figmentPez

Staff member
all anyone was doing was pointing out scientific facts
You're an idiot. "Men think about sex every _____ seconds" is NOT A FACT. That's the problem with your prejudice. You automatically assume that any statement about "science" is true, and any disagreement by someone who believes in religion is false. You don't even stop to consider that its' very difficult for soundbites to be true, and that many bits of conventional wisdom have been debunked but are still brought out in internet arguments time and time again.

Don't look at me Cajungal I was just talking about what already happened. He's the one coming in here and starting it all up again ;)
You're an idiot. "Men think about sex every _____ seconds" is NOT A FACT. That's the problem with your prejudice. You automatically assume that any statement about "science" is true, and any disagreement by someone who believes in religion is false. You don't even stop to consider that its' very difficult for soundbites to be true, and that many bits of conventional wisdom have been debunked but are still brought out in internet arguments time and time again.
There was much more than just that posted kiddo. You ignored all the rest of the proof which were far from soundbites. You're putting your fingers in your ears and pressing that dislike button.

Hell, you even disagreed with the post that I agreed with you on that part. That's how little you were reading the posts before you were hitting the dislike button. Much like you're doing now.

figmentPez

Staff member
There was much more than just that posted kiddo. You ignored all the rest of the proof which were far from soundbites. You're putting your fingers in your ears and pressing that like button.
Again, back to your prejudice. You made assumptions about what I disagreed with, without bothering to even ask.

See? You disagreed with me, when I just said you weren't reading the post.

The only one being predjudice in this, is you, I hate to say.

There's nothing false about you disagreeing with a scientific factually posted article that you clicked "disagree" on because you didn't want to read it.

I'm not talking about Mathias's "15 second rule" I had agreed with you and Kagsin about the fact that it isn't true. Yet you disliked my post. Care to explain?

Cajungal

Staff member
I'd say naming names is a lot like starting it, although I can't say that fig coming in to argue is a good call either. I'm just requesting that you take it to pms or let the damn thing drop. Or hell, start a new thread to talk about whatever y'all were talking about.

Okay guys. I'm sorry.
Don't be sorry that he's causing another explosion over something he's not even bothering to try to understand.

I've already tried to tell him I agreed with him on a few points and he refuses to listen. I can't help that.

I'd say naming names is a lot like starting it, although I can't say that fig coming in to argue is a good call either. I'm just requesting that you take it to pms or let the damn thing drop. Or hell, start a new thread to talk about whatever y'all were talking about.
Can't, it'll get closed because people will report it. That's the problem with closing threads with discussions, the discussions will continue until they're "done". Worse if you close the thread, it'll spill into multiple threads.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'd say naming names is a lot like starting it, although I can't say that fig coming in to argue is a good call either.
What am I supposed to do? Just sit here and listen to the libel?

If it were coming from a single poster, I'd just ignore it, but to have multiple posters making unfounded assumptions about my viewpoint is sickening. What the hell is wrong with you assholes?

Status
Not open for further replies.