[News] Shafia Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how many people are in the know of these Canadian trials but you should.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...rt-hears-horror-of-an-alleged-honour-killing/

Found dead by drowning in a black Nissan Mr. Shafia had bought just eight days earlier – the suggestion implicit that he got it for that very purpose — were Rona Amir Mohammad, the barren wife who had been presented to the children and outsiders both as an “auntie,” and rebellious daughters Zainab, 19, Sahar, 17, and 13-year-old Geeti.

Charged with four counts each of first-degree murder are Mr. Shafia, Ms. Yahya and their oldest son Hamed, who was 18 at the time. All are pleading not guilty.

The ghastly conversation was captured on a Kingston Police wiretap, prosecutor Laurie Lacelle told Judge Robert Maranger and a jury.

In another snippet recorded by the device police had placed in a family car, Mr. Shafia told Ms. Yahya, “They committed treason themselves. They betrayed humankind. They betrayed Islam. They betrayed our religion…they betrayed everything.”
The article is a good read and it is sickening that these people with their backwards mentality treat their women and children like items and when things get tough... you eliminate them.

I'm pleased by how much evidence they have been able to put together in such a small amount of time and the way it looks should be one to be pretty much book, line and sinker. This is quite frankly, a farce of a trial with so much evidence.

Yet, I'm scared. We've all seen what happened with that skank from the U.S who called her daughter missing after a month of partying. Some jurors are pathetic excuses of life... and I feel these honor killings (what a fucked up term, honor... what fucken honor?) always have a chance to fall between the cracks of the justice system.

Yeah, and none of that supports your argument that a majority of Muslims allow this. I know plenty of Christians, and I don't see them working feverishly to discredit the KKK. I don't automatically assume that means they support the Klan.

I had no intention of arguing. That was how I feel. Logic doesn't enter into it when the red mist is up. I've redacted those previous posts. And that's all I've got to say about that.

Things were said that shouldn't have been said. Unfortunately, what has been read cannot be unread. My response to that in another thread.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Crap... Jay, I think there's something wrong with the link you gave. I tried to open it and my computer just froze. Twice.

That was how I feel. Logic doesn't enter into it.
You could probably post this as your last post in any number of threads where you're arguing with someone.

From what I can gather of what you said from Tress's responses (which at first made me think I'd somehow accidentally blocked you), you're wrong and he's right.

Crap... Jay, I think there's something wrong with the link you gave. I tried to open it and my computer just froze. Twice.
Are you using Internet Exploder?
Added at: 12:24
And shit, did I miss some drama?

Damnit! I was making the goddamned Alcohol Punch for tonight!

3 BOTTLES OF TEQUILA cost me some precious bigotry. ARRRGGGGHHH
Added at: 12:28
You could probably post this as your last post in any number of threads where you're arguing with someone.

From what I can gather of what you said from Tress's responses (which at first made me think I'd somehow accidentally blocked you), you're wrong and he's right.
I felt he felt some sort of anger towards Muslims and took the comments back.

Personally, being as frank as I am and won't hold back... I don't overly like Muslims, mostly because how they treat women. I care little for their religion beyond that. The thought of their retarded belief leads them to commit such acts... in such an enlightened place such as Canada is unacceptable.

There's a core problem in their mentality in this day and age when you regard the finer sex in such a way. There's a reason why their women are dressed as ninjas in public. Those men... well... they are not gentlemen to say the least and have anger and control issues.

Furthermore, if the mods feel this thread deserves to be moved to Politics, feel free to do so with my blessing.

And Happy Halloween :D

There are several Christian sects in the U.S. who regard women almost the same. There's also lots of Muslim women who aren't treated as lesser. There's no easy way to slice it until you hear what someone has to say.

That said, this honor killing BS goes on in the UK too. One woman had to be mock arrested by British police just to keep her away from her brothers who threatened to kill her for not marrying the man their family had chosen.

I agree with you that doesn't only regard muslims but you'll have to agree that those are sects... number only a few thousand (i hope) while the other case affects millions of people...

When I was a missionary for my church, I was not allowed to teach Muslims due to the threat of honor killing. If they wanted to learn our religion they had to go through a rather lengthy process with church officials to make sure their life would not be put in danger by pursuing a religion outside their family's faith.

I understand that not every Muslim follows that belief, and my experience was well over a decade ago, so the guidelines might be different now, but it is still an issue with many in the muslim faith. Many who claimed to follow the Christian faith did much worse centuries ago, so it's certainly not an issue with the Muslim faith itself, so much as an issue with some extremists interpretation of their faith.

One good example of an area where religious beliefs should be trumped by laws.

I'm not a fan of people of other cultures than mine choosing to immigrate to my country wherein they refuse to assimilate into our culture. It causes so many issues. One big example in southern Alberta is the FOBs (Fresh off the Boats) and their splinter rival gang, the FOBKs (Fresh off the Boat Killers). Two Chinese gangs that are constantly getting larger by the huge amount of Chinese immigrants in Western Canada. If any of these gang members speak English it's a miracle.

I guess what is so terrible about this, he killed those little girls for being Canadian. These acts should not happen in the "West."

I know that there is a history of it here. Heck just listen to your friends as they joke around about having a shotgun out when the first boy comes over to take their daughter on a date... they are not really kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.