'Sexy' stuff that just comes off as...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the most mysogenistic/cheesecake anime this week. High School of the Dead (or damned, I can't remember which). It was just plain terrible. Not only is it yet another zombie story, but holy crap there were so many cheap breast butt and prominent camel toe shots. I thought I was watching Hentai.
Just reminded me: Gurren Lagann is a damn good show. That said, the main female character's design is re-goddamned-diculous in its fan-servicey-ness.

Just reminded me: Gurren Lagann is a damn good show. That said, the main female character's design is re-goddamned-diculous in its fan-servicey-ness.
Yeah Yoko was an all-right character but what was up with her clothes? Is showing a lot of skin a good idea when your in a friggin' desert? Also apparently she is supposed to be 14 in the beginning. Noooooooooooo.

GasBandit

Staff member
The RULES are "hot redheads wear little to nothing," and "when in doubt, see rule 1."

Question the rules at your peril!

She still has impossible boobs, though. Actually, the first version has better anatomy as it was ONLY her boobs that were at an impossible angle. This time, it's her entire upper torso.

It does look like her upper half is a bit bent doesn't it? And of course lets not forget:

Her hips look REALLY off to me. Its just weird.

Speaking of "broken hips" pictures, this Miss Fortune splash art from League of Legends ALWAYS bothers me.

[DOUBLEPOST=1347384753][/DOUBLEPOST]And is far less sexy than her Mafia skin:

The good news is that Riot is starting to "redo" a lot of their splash art for the older characters. My main, Ryze was updated recently. :)

GasBandit

Staff member
I hate the new Gangplank art.

Before:

After:

Worst. Little. Hat. Ever. And they even updated his in-game model to match. Yuck. But I guess at least they got his navel hair under control.[DOUBLEPOST=1347388106][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and news has just come down that Miss Fortune has gotten new artwork, too.

In defense of the gaga, I don't think that was ever intended to be sexy. She likes to parody the fashion industry.

I find it ironic how one of Gaga's themes is being proud in how beautiful you are and yet she digitally alters herself. Also her voice over on the Simpsons sucked.

Do you mean her voice or the picture? Because if it is the picture I dont think she has much say on how Vogue will "upgrade" her pictures.

GasBandit

Staff member
Do you mean her voice or the picture? Because if it is the picture I dont think she has much say on how Vogue will "upgrade" her pictures.
I think he might also be referring to her videos which routinely use special effects to distort how she looks.

To say nothing of the pounds of makeup, wigs, and costume-er-ry.

Honestly GasBandit, I prefer the newer pirate picture to the older one. It's much simpler in design. The other was just ridiculously overdesigned. I don't see the problem with that hat at all. In fact, the "before" picture looks worse.

GasBandit

Staff member
Honestly GasBandit, I prefer the newer pirate picture to the older one. It's much simpler in design. The other was just ridiculously overdesigned. I don't see the problem with that hat at all. In fact, the "before" picture looks worse.
Well, I suppose that's just because you're wrong and awful and have never shivered a single timber in your life.

Well, I suppose that's just because you're wrong and awful and have never shivered a single timber in your life.
Or it could be that I've seen my fair share of stupidly overdesigned comic book, movie, and video game characters that try to do too much when you can do a lot more with a lot less.

GasBandit

Staff member
Or it could be that I've seen my fair share of stupidly overdesigned comic book, movie, and video game characters that try to do too much when you can do a lot more with a lot less.
Ye scurvy lubbers took me larger-than-life pirate captain an' be givin' me the homeless vagrant of the seas, by blood and thunder.

Necronic

Staff member
Completely unrealistic curves here

What, is she made of jelly?

Absurd dimensions, no woman looks like this. wtf tiny hands

Fanservice Nipple Shot (kind of NSFW)

Cajungal

Staff member
You know, it's not comics, but I saw some ridiculous shit on thechive.com. Someone linked me there, and in their "random afternoon pictures" are pages and pages of girls flaunting underboob or thongs for whatever reason. A lot of them end up looking more pathetic than sexy. I get it. You want attention. Go call your dad, for Chrissake.

Status
Not open for further replies.