'Sexy' stuff that just comes off as...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hot in Africa, I wouldn't be covering up anymore than I had too. Traveling light, and carrying only what you need in any extreme enviroment is a must.
Yes but keep in mind the sun is in full focus over there so sun-burn out the wazoo. Both Chris and Sheva seem to have fair skin so they should cover up their arms and wear some damn sun-hats. And they don't have to be tight sleeves, loose sleeves would do. Plus I don't remember either of them putting on sun-lotion on in the game. Yes there are zombies everywhere, but that doesn't mean you should forget to apply the proper precautions.

I'm all for realism in games (hell I actually play Arma 2 for crap sake!)... but having to worry about sunburn in a resident evil game seems... superfluous.

I'm all for realism in games (hell I actually play Arma 2 for crap sake!)... but having to worry about sunburn in a resident evil game seems... superfluous.
I still think the Infection counter from RE: Outbreak File 1 and 2 should have been kept for the rest of the games.

I still think the Infection counter from RE: Outbreak File 1 and 2 should have been kept for the rest of the games.

I'll be honest I never played those games... but assuming the infection counter does what I think it does it seems like a reasonable mechanic to have kept.

I'll be honest I never played those games... but assuming the infection counter does what I think it does it seems like a reasonable mechanic to have kept.
Yes, it does. In the context of Outbreak, having a full 100% of infection meant you died and came back as a zombie. You could then move around as a zombie, break down doors, and basically try to kill the other players for not being there when you needed them. They could kill you to put you down permanently, but if someone was a zombie, the whole group had already fucked up hard.

That's what I was thinking in that Hercules pic.

How are his boots any less impractical than anything Wonder Woman wears?

...Are people really using Hercules stupid costume to discredit a comedic take on the ridiculous costumes women tend to wear in comic books?

Maybe I missed the part where someone said that only women can wear objectifying clothing but I don't think I did...

Maybe I missed the part where someone said that only women can wear objectifying clothing but I don't think I did...
I didn't say you said that, I was simply giving your more options to discredit a comedic take on ridiculous costumes women tend to wear in comic books.

For the record, I'm well aware it's much more an issue with women than it is for men, but complaining about objectified women in comics is like complaining there aren't enough naked women in Playgirl.

I don't understand why it needs to be discredited. Makes me wonder if people know what the point of this thread is... because that post fits perfectly. And despite what some seem to think, it doesn't appear to me to be some kind of uber-feminist statement, although it certainly raises the objectification issue through comedy. Defending that objectification is just... hard for me to understand.

I don't understand why it needs to be discredited. Makes me wonder if people know what thread this is...
Because much like the -Honest- Avengers trailer, when something tends to be non-factual, people who know it's non-factual no longer find it amusing.

If you're going to present a case you should at least do it right. Yes Alfred the Butler's outfit is not as over the top as Zatanna, a stage musician. That does nothing to prove the point of all super-hero comics are sexist (which lets be honest is what the argument is).

Man you reply fast Gil.

Now I'm really confused, what is "non-factual" about this and the avengers thing?[DOUBLEPOST=1348841417][/DOUBLEPOST]
That does nothing to prove the point of all super-hero comics are sexist (which lets be honest is what the argument is).
Was that the point?

Nearly every comic book hero is sexually objectified. Even Supes, Bats, and Spidey are basically drawn naked, and then just colored to look like they have clothes on...

Man you reply fast.

Now I'm really confused, what is "non-factual" about this and the avengers thing?
That we should dress up male superheros in skimpy/ridiculous outfits so that they know how it feels! That's hilarious! ---- Non-factual due to there being male characters in skimpy ridiculous outfits already. One of them being in the very parody itself (Hercules)

The -Honest- Avengers trailer failed to be funny due to a number of points being non-factual.

In comedy, jokes are usually funny when they're based in reality, bordering on stereotypical so that people can relate and be amused. IE: Isn't it funny how men do this and women do that? Isn't it funny how black people do this and mexican people do that? If a comedian were to come out and say -Isn't it hilarious how Black people love haggis?- noone would relate it to something factual and the joke would fail.

...Are people really using Hercules stupid costume to discredit a comedic take on the ridiculous costumes women tend to wear in comic books?
No, they had Hercules wearing Wonder Woman's outfit. I thought it was an odd choice for the joke.

Maybe the joke was super meta. Like Hercules, one of the most impractically dressed male heroes thinks that Wonder Woman, one of the most impractically dressed female heroes dresses impractically.

Seeing the lack of Legion fans here, I would like to present Cosmic Boy's worst costume ever.
[DOUBLEPOST=1348841905][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, they had Hercules wearing Wonder Woman's outfit. I thought it was an odd choice for the joke.
Another bad one was Batman and Huntress. Of course using the three Batgirl costumes and Batwoman's would only result in a re-coloring.

I think the joke was that it was funny to see guys dressed in the ladies outfits not a treatise on feminism. I think you guys might be over-thinking it.

Nearly every comic book hero is sexually objectified. Even Supes, Bats, and Spidey are basically drawn naked, and then just colored to look like they have clothes on...
I'm so bummed because I have the perfect gif in my head as a response to this. But when I looked, I couldn't find this gif - I don't think it exists. And since I'm at work, I can't make it happen. :( Just know that I agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.