'Sexy' stuff that just comes off as...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he might also be referring to her videos which routinely use special effects to distort how she looks.

To say nothing of the pounds of makeup, wigs, and costume-er-ry.
Mostly on the appearance yes. Especially how I'm pretty sure they scrunch her face in a lot of those videos since her face looks different from appearance to appearance. Its very subtle changes but they are there. And I was also mocking how I personally didn't like her episode on the Simpsons. I don't know, I just feel she didn't emote as well as she should have in my opinion. The songs were all-right, but her straight up dialogue just sounded like she didn't care.

Cajungal

Staff member
Her posture isn't the same either. Her back isn't arched the same way, and her shoulders aren't as far back.

They changed the shooting angle for the picture. Her foot is out further, hanging a bit off the side of the couch. Her head is tilted naturally, wistfully instead of trying to look over her shoulder. Her back is not arched. Her arms aren't tucked in the nigh impossible way under her boobs. She is also not using her other leg as a seat.

It only looks the same on a 'at a glance' level.

In other words, they are cheating a bit.

Yeah, a bit. Like I said, close enough.
Drawings can't always be 100% but this one wasn't as exaggerated as the other -posers- were making it out to be.

I actually kind of think that recreation is fabulous. The took something that looks silly and inhuman, made it into something that's real. She's purty.

Thanks for posting Gilgamesh!

I'm pretty sure Gilgamesh is simply pointing out that it can be re-created and look awesome. Not that the original is justified cause it's not by any means.

What bothers me most about that picture is the perspective. The horizon is shifting all over the place, and some of the objects two vanishing points are on completely different planes.

The camera is sloped, but even still the vanishing points don't even all align the same way.

Edit: I forgot to pit in the other vanishing point for the newspaper on the coffee table. It's much higher up.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey at least she isn't carrying a spear.[DOUBLEPOST=1347574627][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll give 20 bucks to any chick who personally demonstrates this is not a physical impossibility.

Uggggggggggggggh. I cannot believe with something like that they are able to make a sequel afterwords. This should've been the franchise killer. Course if Japan has proven themselves of anything they are capable of making incredibly racist things profitable. Just look at Street Fighter 2! And don't say it isn't because it is.

Yeah yeah, I know its an old complaint but Japan still makes some really sketchy race/nationality based characters even today. Not saying America is any better historically but still.

Its not that offensive, but its still just a bit offensive. Not saying its like that black-face mascot that I think Toei had, but its on the borderline.

Edit: No wait it was Takara. It was called Dakko-chan.

All-right let's switch back to sexy stuff:

Its not that offensive, but its still just a bit offensive. Not saying its like that black-face mascot that I think Toei had, but its on the borderline.
Sheva's heritage, culture, and ancestry are African. I don't see anything offensive about her adorning the traditional garments of her people.

Now if Chris were wearing those, well that would be offensive on so many levels. . . . . >.>

Yes...that would be creepy. But what makes it kind-of offensive is like if feels like its forcing that this character is African. We could see that all-ready. But like I've said its not that bad so lets just drop it.

Now this isn't the worst drawing I've seen of Supergirl's waist but its still kind-of bad. Why is her waist-line drawn so horribly some times?

Edit: No wait it was Takara. It was called Dakko-chan.
All-right let's switch back to sexy stuff:
Except Japan doesn't have the same cultural baggage as America does. Holding other countries to our standards is not exactly fair. Black, white, hispanic, it's all just funny looking foreigners to Japan.

Yes...that would be creepy. But what makes it kind-of offensive is like if feels like its forcing that this character is African. We could see that all-ready.
It's only offensive if you think she should be offended for being called African. It's quite a but different than if a black American was drifted in the same way, as that portrays an entirely different intent, specifically towards someone that has never been to Africa.

It's no different than an English character shown wearing a bowler hat with the union jack, or maybe dressed as a chimney sweep.

Except Japan doesn't have the same cultural baggage as America does. Holding other countries to our standards is not exactly fair. Black, white, hispanic, it's all just funny looking foreigners to Japan.
This is true, they don't have the crushing liberal guilt we've grown to have.
It's only offensive if you think she should be offended for being called African. It's quite a but different than if a black American was drifted in the same way, as that portrays an entirely different intent, specifically towards someone that has never been to Africa.

It's no different than an English character shown wearing a bowler hat with the union jack, or maybe dressed as a chimney sweep.
Indeed, I guess as long as its not like they are acting full on stereotypically insulting.

Except that's not what she wears during the game... it's a bonus costume. She actually wears this most of the time.

You know... because she's with the Anti-BOW task force and needs things like pockets?

Is the leopard print racist? I don't want to say it is, but when you combine it with the spear throwing guys in grass skirts (which stand out because everyone else is wearing normal clothing), it's the most embarrassing depiction of Africa I've ever seen in a video game. The spear throwing guys used to be normal people too! Apparently the virus made them "devolve" and "take up the ways of their ancestors". It's just an all around clusterfuck and I blame it on the devs being Japanese and not really understanding the implications of what they wrote. Sort of like when they depict all Americans as 6'2", blond, and eating hamburgers.

Does it make sense for her to wear tight-pants in such heat? It looks kinda hot in the area there in in the game. If I were wearing pants like that in that heat I'd get a sweat rash like nobodies business. And trust me, I am fully learned in wearing tight pants. Not for fashion reasons of course, I just haven't bought new pants in while.

If the options are "wear skin tight leather pants" or "expose flesh to infected villagers, snakes, and other vermin", you damn well better believe I'd wear skin tight pants.

Good point. Her arms are still exposed though, is that a good idea? I assume its for maneuverability reasons(and to show off more skin to fan-boys) but that is an open spot for said vermin. Also sun-burn, as the area I've said looks very very hot. Unless sun-lotion is something you need in the game, I haven't gotten that far.

Chris as well should cover the hell up. Sheva and Chris are trained soldiers, they should know better. Well...unless you play single player than only Chris is the trained soldier because Sheva is apparently an idiot.

Chris as well should cover the hell up. Sheva and Chris are trained soldiers, they should know better. Well...unless you play single player than only Chris is the trained soldier because Sheva is apparently an idiot.
It's hot in Africa, I wouldn't be covering up anymore than I had too. Traveling light, and carrying only what you need in any extreme enviroment is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.