[News] Several killed in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am literally sick to my stomach this morning. After a very long time of not listening to any GOP radio, I made the mistake of doing it on my morning commute.

On this show, the hosts of the show literally and in a non-joking manner, claimed that the Sandy Hook Shooting is a Hollywood/Government hoax to begin the push to take guns out of the hands of Americans.

I almost vomited. I've never been so sickened by anything I've heard verbally in my entire life.
They are already trying to link the murder of an FPS Russia producer to this nonsense. Basically, the guy who actually GETS the guns for the Youtube channel (which he could only do because he has a rare and hard to get license from the government) was found dead with a single gunshot wound to the back of his head.

The crazy folks response? This is clearly the work of Obama and his shadowy attempts to murder "gun leaders".

It's much more likely that he was ether involved in something shady (his license essentially let him be a legal arms dealer) or refused to get involved in something shady and was murdered for it.

No they were basically saying that the teachers/administration and some parents were all paid off actors/documentary producers and the government is paying secret Hollywood people to create this huge hoax.

I know it's just part of a long line of really stupid conspiracy theories from the GoP for their continued hatred of Obama but to me, personally, this one went too far.

I can't even stomach to watch it. It was posted and has been posted on these GoP radio show hosts Facebook page.

No they were basically saying that the teachers/administration and some parents were all paid off actors/documentary producers and the government is paying secret Hollywood people to create this huge hoax.

I know it's just part of a long line of really stupid conspiracy theories from the GoP for their continued hatred of Obama but to me, personally, this one went too far.

I can't even stomach to watch it.
You should hear what they've been doing to the guy who sheltered 6 children and a bus driver while it was all going down. They are threatening him with violence and he's already had more than a few people track him down to scare the shit out of him.

You should hear what they've been doing to the guy who sheltered 6 children and a bus driver while it was all going down. They are threatening him with violence and he's already had more than a few people track him down to scare the shit out of him.
Who's threatening him and why?

Also that's bad, but this new wave of -conspiracy- is just too much for me. I have children in Middle School and it hit me like a ton of bricks. To claim this was all a hoax to take these idiots guns is beyond words.

They were calling the old man a "Crisis Actor." And the nutjobs are treating him like he is the sole reason that their guns are being taken away.

Why the fuck did I watch that?

This seems to centered around the belief that the first news reports of an incident are the most accurate, and that the government has pulled off both the most complicated and most inept (and most pointless) conspiracy in history.

that the government has pulled off both the most complicated and most inept (and most pointless) conspiracy in history.
That seems to be the running theme to most of them.

EDIT: I went looking for that South Park clip where GWB "confesses" to planning 9/11 because he doesn't want to admit that the government fucked up. I found it, but then realized that the uploader actually believes the confession and uploaded the clip as a statement of plausibility that GWB actually did it. :facepalm:

Why the fuck did I watch that?

This seems to centered around the belief that the first news reports of an incident are the most accurate, and that the government has pulled off both the most complicated and most inept (and most pointless) conspiracy in history.
Really fucking funny/disgusting thing about that? These are the same people who say that Obama has the media in their pocket. Yet what's their factual source of information this is a cover-up and shit is being hidden? The media is telling the truth on this and the government is covering it up.

Make up your fucking mind. Are they actors or not? Is the media in his pocket or not? Fuck can't even keep your bullshit straight can you?

Oh, conspiracy theories doesn't work like that. They rely on an impressive amount of confirmation bias: everything that supports my crazy theory is super important, everything against it is handwaved away. These people are crazy.

Oh, conspiracy theories doesn't work like that. They rely on an impressive amount of confirmation bias: everything that supports my crazy theory is super important, everything against it is handwaved away. These people are crazy.
I'm used to internet psychos and rednecks being the ones who spread this bullshit. Not National Talk Show hosts. Even the ones that do spread minor conspiracies will back it up with -I'm not saying this is 100% true but some of it sounds suspicious-

This on the other hand, is a whole different ballgame.

I saw someone at work watching the Sandy Hook Exposed video, but I was completely on the fence of their character and not sure if they were watching it as a "what the christ" or buying it.

Zappit

Staff member
Trying to rationally understand crazy is a sure and short path to insanity, but at least by then it will all make sense.

GasBandit

Staff member
Friday was Neal Boortz' last day on the air, which made me a little bummed out as I enjoyed listening to him most mornings on the way to work, and at least half the links in my political thread came from his blog. This morning I turn on that station and find out that instead of picking up Herman Cain who was to replace him at his flagship, they've picked up Glenn Beck. Which was also a bit of a disappointment.

But then I heard Glenn say on wednesday he's going to spend the show debunking the Sandy Point conspiracy theories. So. Thought of you guys.

People that come late knock on the door and are let in after making sure they didn't hear gunfirefrom a lunatic just moments before. Duh.

And the password is 1

Status
Not open for further replies.