[News] Several killed in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we can really do is hope for the best outcome possible given the circumstance.

Lets just keep the victims and their families in our thoughts and hope some politician or activist doesn't turn this from a tragedy to a travesty.

Dave

Staff member
The principal and school psychologist were the first victims. Apparently the father of one of the kids is a shooter.

Up to 27 killed and at least 18 are kids. Rumors are that they have someone else in custody related, but that's conjecture.

I'm moving this to the politics sub because it's going to be about guns very, very quickly. And, I believe, rightly so.

Reports are that the kids were kindergartners. As the parent of a kindergartner, this makes me despairingly sad.

Dave

Staff member
The problem is that we as a country can not have a real conversation about guns and the effect they have on our society. They are too easy to get and when used they do this kind of damage.

This is so awful. I've been a pro-gun person in the past, but I am starting to lose taste for those arguments.

Why hurt kids? I am going to cry at work now.

This is a terrible tragedy and I can only imagine how the families/victims that are being out through this. Other than that I am at a loss for words..this is just such a unbelievably tragic and unnecessary event.

An entire kindergarten class is unaccounted for right now, the room where most of the shooting took place.

AN ENTIRE FUCKING KINDERGARTEN CLASS IS FUCKING GONE.

I have friends on Facebook who have been making posts about this and I just cannot find the words to comment. I am so sad for their families.

Dave

Staff member
I'm having fucking flashbacks, man. I literally know what these parents are going through.

Dave

Staff member
Want to make a wager? I'd be willing to bet one of the victims was the child of the shooter and the shooter and the child's mother either were or are having difficulties.

I literally cannot understand this kind of monstrosity. How does someone get to a place where they want to murder kids?

To say this is a tragedy just doesn't seem strong enough.

I was on the phone with my mother when she found out and subsequently told me. This is not just horrifying, but disgusting.

Just...Jesus. I don't even know how to react to this.

Dave

Staff member
The shooter. *facebook removed*

[DOUBLEPOST=1355512560][/DOUBLEPOST]REPORTEDLY the shooter.

I don't think the shooter information should ever be public in cases like these. Part of the drive to do something like this is the recognition, for better or worse.

I don't think the shooter information should ever be public in cases like these. Part of the drive to do something like this is the recognition, for better or worse.
Recognition? What good is that if you're dead?

Related note: Why do all these mass killings always end with them shooting themselves? What was the point then?

North_Ranger

Staff member

Related note: Why do all these mass killings always end with them shooting themselves? What was the point then?
Wild guess? Leave this world with a bloody mess. The shooters who do want to get caught alive are those with "a message" - like the Utöya shooter, Breivik.

People want to be remembered after they're dead. Committing an atrocity is one way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.