[Question] [Serious] Music for Toddlers

Leyla's been eating solids for almost three months now and I learnt a few weeks ago that my life gets infinity better when she's watching videos while I feed her (time efficient, no food in hair/clothes/nostril/ears) and I'd like to expand her repertoire on what she watches. I'm at a loss which to add (baby brain...)

Current play list :

- Aladdin - A Whole New World
- Frozen Song - Let it Go
- Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- Sofia the First - Theme Song
- Wheels on the bus go round and round

If you could link your helpful suggestion to actual YouTube videos it would be awesome and depending on submissions will add to Leyla's iTube playlist. Anything entertaining to toddlers/educational/nursery rhymes would be awesome. I'm sure some of you other parents have personal favorites. HELP MEEES

Thanks in advance.

Anything by Elizabeth Mitchell. It's actually good music that won't destroy your own brain.

Also we love the rockabye baby stuff. Currently have the U2, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins and NIN albums.

Other than that we just play lots of classical music and stuff we like around Amelia. Iron and Wine, Sigor Ros, M83, Daft Punk, etc.

Also, I have a cherry picked group of songs from movie/videogame soundtracks that Amelia loves and gets excited by. Stuff from Assassins Creed, the Nolan Batman films, Man of Steel, Oblviion, etc.

Last edited:
Somehow I missed the video component to your post Jay, sorry, my mind just saw the "MUSIC" in the title and went there.

We have a slideshow of stuff that plays on our TV (animals, family, whatever photo stream we pick) while music plays.Good luck.

Yeah, we don't use a lot of music videos with Li'l Z. Just music OR videos. We noticed at a young age he ADORES Ni Hao Kai-Lan, and to this day, he will sit, unmoving, through all 22 minutes, even if he's seen the episode a million times, or he can't even hear the dialogue. (We've had to pull it out on a few occasions when dinner at a restaurant was running long, he was full and starting to get fussy.)

I also raised him on a diet of classic rock since he was in utero, so The Beatles' "Hey Jude" immediately calms him down no matter what is going on. It's done so since he was a few days old, and continues to. (No idea why that song above all others, but I'm not complaining.) We have versions of it on our phones, and a "music video" of it on his iPad that he likes to play. I found when he was little, he really liked watching Yellow Submarine, I think because of all the colors and the slower pace.

When Amelia hears the big horn/slide guitar section of the new Superman theme kick in she goes NUTS. Like she's on a roller coaster.

Jet loved and still loves OKGO music videos. The rube goldberg one for This Too Shall Pass, Giving/Getting, End Love and White Knuckles seem to be favs.

He also likes the one with the Toast which escapes me.

Jet is also a huge fan of cosplay videos. In his own words "BUTT KICKER GIRLS AND COOL DUDES!!!"

Zappit

Staff member
Just bite the damn bullet and put on some Raffi.

Failing that, introduce the little one to Motown - so much good stuff that's completely family-friendly.

Motown in big in our house. My dad played a lot for me as a kid, and Li'l Z has some on his regular playlist he really likes. He loves to dance to Rockin' Robin.