[Crafting] Seeking: a drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to try creating a cross-stitch pattern from a drawing someone's done. I haven't done this before; it's a test of my skills as well as the software I'll be using. It needs to be done on graph paper, and it should be something sort of cartoonish. Not silly, necessarily, just not super-complex like photorealism; probably a single character or design would be best. Shading and other effects are fine though. It should be multicolored.

If anyone has an example of something they'd like to try on graph paper, please post it and I'll let you know if I think it'll work. (Hint: it's nothing to do with anyone's art style or talent, but whether I think I'm up to the challenge of converting it.)

Thanks! If we end up working together, and I end up stitching the piece, and it doesn't suck, I'll give it to you.

Eh? Ehhhhhhh?

Let me know if you want anything changed. (no writing, no colored background, w/e.)

partay.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1344481434][/DOUBLEPOST]oh wait, I forgot graph paper. adoy

That looks insanely fun to stitch. And definitely a challenge! Could I ask you to either remove the purple outer ring or make it much, much narrower? That's a CRAPTON of purple thread. Also the white writing, which would make for very ugly graph-based stitching, although I can add the words back in some sort of appropriately goofy font.

With those changes (and on graph paper) I should be able to do a decent rendering, although it will lose some of that loose hand-drawn style of yours.

All righty. I'll let that be my problem, then; I have a few ideas. Thank you so much for the adorable cartoon! I'll be sure to let you know if I get anywhere with it. (And if I don't, it won't have anything to do with you.) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.