Security complaints

Dave

Staff member
I was, too. Good thing my work kept me busy today![DOUBLEPOST=1430172515,1430172482][/DOUBLEPOST]Dynomite still doesn't work any longer, though. :(

FWIW, I do notice that the password database did not roll back. I changed my password probably 2-3 days ago and the forum still requires that newest one to get in.

--Patrick

Sez you. Now I gotta go and put my movie review back in from memory.
Otherwise there will be no proof that I watched another movie.
I saved it in a text document on my computer before I posted it, but once it posted I think I threw it out. D'oh!

--Patrick
This is why this happened. The universe cannot exist in a state in which you've seen something, and so had to auto-correct that with a rollback.

Dave

Staff member
I didn't read it anyway because I can't see it until the 8th or so. I'm going to avoid it until my son and I can go this next week.

Nick posted a rant about work, I replied with helpful advice. Actual, 100% helpful advice. For the first time ever here.

I think maybe I broke the forum, caused it to travel back in time. Sorry your review was one of the casualties, Pat.

Dave

Staff member
The SSL cert came up for renewal and I paid for it - TWICE!! Turns out that for some reason there were FOUR certs on our site! Have no fucking clue why. That was the old host who did that to us. I had to do some stuff to get a new cert issued from the ones that I bought and I installed them. Seems to have done the trick.

The SSL cert came up for renewal and I paid for it - TWICE!! Turns out that for some reason there were FOUR certs on our site! Have no fucking clue why. That was the old host who did that to us. I had to do some stuff to get a new cert issued from the ones that I bought and I installed them. Seems to have done the trick.
Well maybe this explains why visiting the site would sometimes throw a cert error but then work immediately after with no explanation.

--Patrick