Secret Santa 2019 - now with more DoomWeasels!

Not sure if my SS is still getting stumped for gifts, but a few ideas:

Anything with the Packers, Brewers, Bucks, Badgers, Coyotes and Cardinals (of Arizona), or Nashville Predators.
Doctor Who (12th/13th Doctor)
ST:TOS and TNG.

And - believe it or not - I wouldn't mind having a great NASA t-shirt.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh, and I got a package, but I have suspicions (borne by a shipping notification e-mail) that another is still enroute, so I'll wait till the second one gets here before I post mine :D

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Dear @Wahad,
Your secret Santa regrets to say that part of your gift will be late due to delays from a merchant - probably until shortly after Christmas. The rest of your gifts are on their way!

There was a deeply suspicious package lurking by my front door today upon my return from work.
IMG_20191209_142218.jpg

Contents: Card and two boxes - one small and heavy, one medium and light.
IMG_20191209_142325.jpg

Revealed contents: a lovely card from the fabulous @Celt Z, a D&D card game (which I am looking forward to trying out with @Eriol, and the cutest little red dragon I have ever seen (who will be terrorizing the next campaign I run).
IMG_20191209_142446.jpg

Thank you Celt Z!! These are all fabulous!

Yay! I'm so glad! I've been having issues with state-side deliveries, so I was starting to worry it was going to effect your gift! I guess all that doomie bribing paid off. :D

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I promise I will send out your gift this weekend @Dei .

Waiting to get paid before I can.

I found a package in my mailbox today, as promised!

Inside the mailer is another envelope! Groot helped me keep it in place.

A sleeve with 4 prints inside!

They are from Brian Rubenacker Studios and look great!

No note inside to go with it, so thank you very much Secret Santa! These are great!

Thanks @Wahad for the second part of my gift! This bit isn't broken :D

I've tried attaching a picture a few times now but it's an exercise in frustration right now, so people will have to imagine it, but I do really look forward to reading Stardust, by Neil Gaiman :thumbsup::)

Thanks a lot!IMG_20191209_200519.jpg

Oh hey, it worked! Whoop!

Rescued from the latest forum hiccup:
Bubble181 said:
Thanks @Wahad for the second part of my gift! This bit isn't broken :D
Tress said:
A few days ago (sorry for the delay) I got this pair of books:

[Picture of Last Boat out of Shanghai, and An American Adventure]

Thank you very much... someone? I read the note but didn’t see a name. Whomever you are, thank you!
Anonymous said:
Have you received the other package as well? One of the notes should give a fairly big hint.
Tress said:
No, this is it.

But! There are some packages downstairs with my name on it I wasn’t opening, because my mom also sent me some packages and is a stickler for tradition - she wanted me to wait until Xmas. So maybe I have it and I don’t know it? I’ll check later today when I’m home.

Dear Anonymous,

I have not received a third package. This is not a complaint, mind you. I'm not bothered. I just wanted to let you know, since apparently something else should have arrived. I would hate to think you paid for something to be sent and nothing happened.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Psst. @Far, if I'm reading it correctly, your order is ready to be picked up.

Reactions: Far
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Dave the USPS is telling me that your package should arrive Monday, but I'll keep an eye on it and update if there is a change.

GasBandit

Staff member
The second package came today, so here we go!

1576282995595.png

Well isn't that nice. and I have just the right sized gap in some other such things on the wall in which to put it!

1576283048156.png

And I also got this... wait, you can "brainstorm" wrong? (I had to google and watch an episode of LRR:Friday Nights to understand this reference)

1576283148834.png

Thanks, Secret Santa!

What!?

WHAT!?

20191213_224835.jpg
20191213_224748.jpg

You have no idea how much this means to me. I have wanted this set for years. I actually teared up opening it once I realized what it was.

Unless I missed it, there was nothing saying who had sent this but honestly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. This is the most thoughtful gift I've received in years.

With my Hobbes!

20191213_225753.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
What!?

WHAT!?

View attachment 32555View attachment 32556

You have no idea how much this means to me. I have wanted this set for years. I actually teared up opening it once I realized what it was.

Unless I missed it, there was nothing saying who had sent this but honestly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. This is the most thoughtful gift I've received in years.

With my Hobbes!

View attachment 32557
Whoops, I thought I put my name on the note somewhere. My bad. But this is exactly the reaction I was hoping for. :D

(Also, for the record, this was below the $50 limit. It was on sale with a handsome discount, plus I got an additional discount for being a Chapters Rewards member.)

@Tinwhistler be on the alert!
Your gift’s tracking info now states “Loaded onto delivery vehicle.”
So yesterday, when I got home, there was a delivery notice on my front door. These are usually used for signature required packages and overseas packages.

I didn't get any other deliveries beyond regular mail, so I thought that might be it. I just picked it up. It was an overseas package from Dublin.

It's a tinwhistle...a brand I've never owned, from a maker I've heard of, but never corresponded with. Is that the gift? There was no note inside and no indication of why they would be sending me a whistle. No invoice. No nothing. Just a business card from the maker and a whistle.

If you didn't send me a whistle, I have a lot of puzzling over to figure out this unexpected Christmas miracle. What makes this doubly puzzling is they put a phone number on the package, for a phone # I haven't used in 7 years.