Searching a animated show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I searched online for old animated shows I watched in the early '90 on German television whose titles I couldn't remember. Out of the three shows I still remember I could only clear two, Future Police Urashiman and Spaceship sagittarius, but nothing I tried led me find the third title.

Maybe someone here can help me out.

It's an animated show with anthropomorphic felines about treasure hunting for artefacts owned by historical figures. Main characters are two males and one female, one of the male is adventure type guy the other one is a little tubby and the archaeologist. The female is a reporter. Every episode starts with a record they listen to, send by a professor who give them informations about the new artefacts, than they start their adventure flying via plane.

Maybe one or two details are wrong.

Even with this stuff I still remember I couldn't find anything online, so maybe someone have an idea what the title is.

I thought that one too at first.But the story that cartoon follows is around the world in 80 days and is set,if I remember correctly in the beginnings of the Industrial Era.

Are you sure they were treasure hunters/archeologists? Also is there anything else you could remember about the show?

Let's see, the technology was not much advanced, I would say it is set in the 1930s or 1940s.

I'm sure they searched for artefacts. In one episode they where in a castle in Britain or France full of traps and because of the time setting and the clothes they wore it reminded me a lot of Indiana Jones. The plane they always used was a white amphibious aircraft. There were also always the same villain. A guy with a black top hat and a cape, who with his two goons, at least I think there were two, tried to get the stuff the main characters searched for.

I can't remember anything about the opening, but in the ending you can see the plane flying to towards a giant stone tiger head while being in a thunderstorm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibious_aircraft

Oh and I'm sure it is not Tailspin.

sorry, I should mention it is not a Disney show. I already checked and to be honest the show never felt like something by Disney.

I can't believe it. The search is over.

Montana Jones, that's the name of the Show. No wonder it reminded me so much of Indy.

After looking again on a Site with hundreds of animated shows that were on German television once with no result, I simple found it with the German words for "cartoon" and "treasure hunt". Apparently my mistake was searching for it with English words.

Anyway, reading the wikipedia article I remembered most of it correctly. It's an anime produced as an joint production by Studio Junio in Japan and Rever in Italy with 52 episodes that run originally on NHK. According to the site there is also a Manga series.

Here is the opening

Thanks to everybody for the help with the search

Status
Not open for further replies.