Same sex marriage outvoted in Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

I completely agree that there is a militant gay section as well as a religious one.

Problem is, the gay version isn't organizing to keep a group from getting rights.
I don't know about that. There are some who would force churches to marry gay people. That would be a violation of the right to free association and freedom of religion.[/QUOTE]

That is the church stance on that.

I mean right now the church can refuse to marry my wife and I because I'm Asian and I can't do a thing about it. And the laws of "marriage" is already in place.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
I completely agree that there is a militant gay section as well as a religious one.

Problem is, the gay version isn't organizing to keep a group from getting rights.
I don't know about that. There are some who would force churches to marry gay people. That would be a violation of the right to free association and freedom of religion.[/QUOTE]

yes, my heart really bleeds because the churches suffer so much with all the gay prosecution.

There is plenty of people that would say that the no force should have the right to discriminate, whatever the reason. There is plenty of people that would say that the church should the only controlling power in the world with a bonus.

Like I said before, there is always forgiveness for the church.

C

Chibibar

yes, my heart really bleeds because the churches suffer so much with all the gay prosecution.

There is plenty of people that would say that the no force should have the right to discriminate, whatever the reason. There is plenty of people that would say that the church should the only controlling power in the world with a bonus.

Like I said before, there is always forgiveness for the church.[/QUOTE]

more of religious vocal people than none vocal non church people.

and when I say church in this context, I am talking about all the religion that has a stance against homosexuality (consider a sin) That is not solely held by Christianity but other religions as well.

A

Armadillo

Like I said before, there is always forgiveness for the church.[/QUOTE]

But don't you see? While the church's stance is indeed an intolerant one, so is their opponents'! If you want to claim tolerance, you can't aimlessly bash those who disagree with you.

I don't know about that. There are some who would force churches to marry gay people. That would be a violation of the right to free association and freedom of religion.[/quote]

Like I said before, there is always forgiveness for the church.[/quote]

But don't you see? While the church's stance is indeed an intolerant one, so is their opponents'! If you want to claim tolerance, you can't aimlessly bash those who disagree with you.[/QUOTE]

That was kind of what I was going for in my post.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
"Disagree"?

Disagre is when you say that you like Pepsi, and I say that I like Coke.

What those people have being doing is spreading ignorance, fear and hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.