[TV] S.H.I.E.L.D.

They used the name and nothing else. In the Ultimate comics, yes, they were shape-shifters, but we didn't see a single bit of that in the movie.

Also, a thought occurred to me. Marvel recently won back the rights to both Ghost Rider and Daredevil. I would love to see a court case episode and suddenly Matt frigging Murdock appears to represent.
Thought of that too... would be awesome. Make it so Whedon!

Despite my very public disdain for Avengers, I'm pretty cautiously hyped for this. Also I liked the Affleck Daredevil movie way more than everyone else in the world and am cool with as much Daredevil as they'll give me anywhere.

Despite my very public disdain for Avengers, I'm pretty cautiously hyped for this. Also I liked the Affleck Daredevil movie way more than everyone else in the world and am cool with as much Daredevil as they'll give me anywhere.
Huh. I think you're the first person on here to agree with me on the Daredevil movie. Thought I was alone.

Also, I can't for the life of me understand your disdain for the Avengers movie.

Huh. I think you're the first person on here to agree with me on the Daredevil movie. Thought I was alone.

Also, I can't for the life of me understand your disdain for the Avengers movie.
I liked the Daredevil film alright.

I can't speak for Charlie Don't Surf, but maaaaan I was bored during Avengers.
Coulson basically had to be the one who died; can't kill off a big hero with a franchise to go. Loki was a dull villain; I'd seen him be a jerk already, and then we just, like, put him some fancy handcuffs? We're not going to kill this guy? And are we all okay watching Iron Man... fix a plane? ACTION And the aliens! What the fuck What Like, how did they even know shooting the missile through the portal would make them all die? And how come he had to fly with the missile? It's a missile! Just point it at the portal, it'll go of it's own accord! Was it just so we could feel grim that Iron Man almost died? And why can he be the Hulk and also always angry? And why should we feel good about that? Anger isn't good. BLARGH But the shawarma scene was fucking gold. Loved it.

I liked the Daredevil film alright.

I can't speak for Charlie Don't Surf, but maaaaan I was bored during Avengers.
Coulson basically had to be the one who died; can't kill off a big hero with a franchise to go. Loki was a dull villain; I'd seen him be a jerk already, and then we just, like, put him some fancy handcuffs? We're not going to kill this guy? And are we all okay watching Iron Man... fix a plane? ACTION And the aliens! What the fuck What Like, how did they even know shooting the missile through the portal would make them all die? And how come he had to fly with the missile? It's a missile! Just point it at the portal, it'll go of it's own accord! Was it just so we could feel grim that Iron Man almost died? And why can he be the Hulk and also always angry? And why should we feel good about that? Anger isn't good. BLARGH But the shawarma scene was fucking gold. Loved it.
- I'll give you Coulson. They telegraphed it a mile away.

-Loki is the son of a foreign head of state. A country/world that is more than powerful enough to lay waste to the entire planet Earth if Odin ever had the desire to. Killing Loki would only lead to bad things, especially if you did it when Odin's OTHER son is there to take him home.

- Modern cruise missiles are self correcting. There was a not insignificant chance that the missile would turn away from the portal and then go off in New York City like it was intended to. You know... the nuclear missile. Which is probably why it was able to kill the massed army on the other side of the portal and deactivate the portal (it probably blew up the thing holding it open).

I thought the portal was already closing as Iron Man flew up into it. Can't remember; haven't seen it since it was in theaters.

- I'll give you Coulson. They telegraphed it a mile away.

-Loki is the son of a foreign head of state. A country/world that is more than powerful enough to lay waste to the entire planet Earth if Odin ever had the desire to. Killing Loki would only lead to bad things, especially if you did it when Odin's OTHER son is there to take him home.

- Modern cruise missiles are self correcting. There was a not insignificant chance that the missile would turn away from the portal and then go off in New York City like it was intended to. You know... the nuclear missile. Which is probably why it was able to kill the massed army on the other side of the portal and deactivate the portal (it probably blew up the thing holding it open).
I thought the portal was already closing as Iron Man flew up into it. Can't remember; haven't seen it since it was in theaters.
Wasn't the device Black Widow was deactivating the thing that opened the portal/kept it open? Plus, how did blowing up the ship kill all the aliens on the earth side of the portal?

Wasn't the device Black Widow was deactivating the thing that opened the portal/kept it open? Plus, how did blowing up the ship kill all the aliens on the earth side of the portal?
Because they're cybernetic and were controlled by the big "mothership" beyond the portal. Of course, Tony Stark couldn't have known that, but he had to have guessed that a nuclear weapon aimed at their army would put a dent in their ranks. At the very least, he was trying to get it out of New York and sending it into space worked for Superman twice.

Because they're cybernetic and were controlled by the big "mothership" beyond the portal. Of course, Tony Stark couldn't have known that, but he had to have guessed that a nuclear weapon aimed at their army would put a dent in their ranks. At the very least, he was trying to get it out of New York and sending it into space worked for Superman twice.
Not to mention that a nuke that size would have been impossible for him to get far enough out to sea to not still destroy the city, so guiding it through the wormhole was really the only place to put it.

GUYS, stop arguing!
A wizard did it. Duh.
A wizard named Joss.
Now I want them to make a show about Dr. Strange solving street crimes with magic. And has Luke Cage and Iron Fist as his side-kicks. Because Dr. Strange is awesome.

Well, today is the day. Of course I don't think there is anyway to not know that... ABC/Disney is in full advertising assault for this launch. Which kind of worries me.

Relax people. ABC is much better than FOX. I'm sure they'll actually show all the episodes in chronological order before it gets cancelled.

Instead of "Resident Boo Radley" under your name, it should say "Wet Blanket".

But hey, thanks for seriously responding to an obvious joke.