[TV] S.H.I.E.L.D.

Is anyone else surprised...

They kind of ended the missing Simmons arc already? We spent a lot of time with Fitz searching for her in the first episode, and then had a teaser that she was alive at the end of the episode, and now BOOM we got her back. I really expected them to drag that out a lot longer. Oh well I guess we still have the mystery over who, or what, was hunting her on the planet all that time.

Is anyone else surprised...

They kind of ended the missing Simmons arc already? We spent a lot of time with Fitz searching for her in the first episode, and then had a teaser that she was alive at the end of the episode, and now BOOM we got her back. I really expected them to drag that out a lot longer. Oh well I guess we still have the mystery over who, or what, was hunting her on the planet all that time.
This was sort of my take on it. I wonder if she had contract renegotiations and the whole plot was just there to write her off if they went south?

So any theories on who Lash is? The big reveal this episode was that he can turn into a human, and that means he could be anyone we have already met in the show. My favorite theory...
That it's Andrew (May's ex husband). Hear me out...

Supposedly something happened while Andrew and May were attempting to reconcile between the seasons, and Andrew walked out on May, which was a flip since everyone expected May to be more likely to walk out on him. It seems to me that a sudden, radical transformation into an Inhuman would be something Andrew would hope to avoid having May see. He panicked and broke it off.

Andrew seems very interested in the Inhumans, but we never see him actually talk with the Inhumans. When Andrew learned that Coulson had another Inhuman in his custody (the multiplying girl from last season) he seemed annoyed. It could be that Lash can't break through SHIELDs special modulating alloy, meaning the Inhumans in SHIELD custody are safe from him. The fact Lash seems to be discovering all these names of Inhumans, at least in my opinion, leads to him being either a member, or very close to SHIELD.

When Lash attacked the truck and killed his hacker ally, he left without even attempting to kill Daisy, who is a known Inhuman he has fought with before. This shows that Lash likely has some connection to Daisy and isn't out to kill her (the last few times they have interacted, Lash was trying to kill someone else and Daisy just so happened to be there to fight with him), which is another point to him being either a member of SHIELD, or affiliated with them, AKA Andrew, who respects Daisy.

Then we get to the final scene, Andrews assassination at the hands of Hydra. It's heavily implicated that Hunter's brash actions lead to the Hydra agents killing Andrew, but they were very clear not to show the kill, only the aftermath. Let's look at some facts. Andrew seemed to be looking for painkillers at the store. We never see his face after the hit occurs, only his phone, a pair of legs in some nice shoes, the gas, and a dropped lighter. After the deed is done Warren bolts out of the store completely alone, which is weird since he seemed to have at least three goons with him, and has this absolute look of terror and fear on his face, hyperventilating. The only other explanation for that would be that killing Andrew was his "first" kill, and he was just totally in shock from it, but that seems odd considering how cold he was presented in the first episode.

So what if instead of getting killed, Andrew turned into Lash, killed the goons while Warren ran like a coward, then in his haste to flee he dropped his lighter, which got together with the gas that the now dead goons dropped. Lash, being nearly indestructible, would survive the fire and move on.​

Just my little theory.

Last edited:
Interesting theory.

As for Simmons, I'm thinking she met up with that Victorian adventurer who went into the portal earlier. That's why she has to go back. Perhaps time passes more slowly on the other side. While months passed on Earth, it only felt like a couple days for Simmons.

Poor Fitz. That guy just can't catch a break.
Exactly what I was coming here to write, haha.

Spends half of season one pining over Jemma, unable to tell her how he feels, and nearly gives his life to save her. Suffers in season two with brain damage, taking nearly the whole season to finally win over Jemma and get a date, only for her to get sucked to another planet. And now, in season three, spends untold amount of time and stress to investigate the monolith and once again risks his life to save her, but it turns out Jemma met a hunky astronaut who she now loves. Fitz will never win in this show, they might as well call it "Agents of How Can We Fuck Over Fitz"

Fitz reminds me of Charlie Brown. They both have the worst luck in the world. I half-expected him to yell "AAUGH!!!" at the end.

So any theories on who Lash is? The big reveal this episode was that he can turn into a human, and that means he could be anyone we have already met in the show. My favorite theory...
That it's Andrew (May's ex husband). Hear me out...

Supposedly something happened while Andrew and May were attempting to reconcile between the seasons, and Andrew walked out on May, which was a flip since everyone expected May to be more likely to walk out on him. It seems to me that a sudden, radical transformation into an Inhuman would be something Andrew would hope to avoid having May see. He panicked and broke it off.

Andrew seems very interested in the Inhumans, but we never see him actually talk with the Inhumans. When Andrew learned that Coulson had another Inhuman in his custody (the multiplying girl from last season) he seemed annoyed. It could be that Lash can't break through SHIELDs special modulating alloy, meaning the Inhumans in SHIELD custody are safe from him. The fact Lash seems to be discovering all these names of Inhumans, at least in my opinion, leads to him being either a member, or very close to SHIELD.

When Lash attacked the truck and killed his hacker ally, he left without even attempting to kill Daisy, who is a known Inhuman he has fought with before. This shows that Lash likely has some connection to Daisy and isn't out to kill her (the last few times they have interacted, Lash was trying to kill someone else and Daisy just so happened to be there to fight with him), which is another point to him being either a member of SHIELD, or affiliated with them, AKA Andrew, who respects Daisy.

Then we get to the final scene, Andrews assassination at the hands of Hydra. It's heavily implicated that Hunter's brash actions lead to the Hydra agents killing Andrew, but they were very clear not to show the kill, only the aftermath. Let's look at some facts. Andrew seemed to be looking for painkillers at the store. We never see his face after the hit occurs, only his phone, a pair of legs in some nice shoes, the gas, and a dropped lighter. After the deed is done Warren bolts out of the store completely alone, which is weird since he seemed to have at least three goons with him, and has this absolute look of terror and fear on his face, hyperventilating. The only other explanation for that would be that killing Andrew was his "first" kill, and he was just totally in shock from it, but that seems odd considering how cold he was presented in the first episode.

So what if instead of getting killed, Andrew turned into Lash, killed the goons while Warren ran like a coward, then in his haste to flee he dropped his lighter, which got together with the gas that the now dead goons dropped. Lash, being nearly indestructible, would survive the fire and move on.​

Just my little theory.

That was a decent episode. But I didn't catch all Fitz said about Jemma's space boyfriend's shoulder patch. At that moment my roommate put a load of laundry in and that drowned out all sound.

That was a decent episode. But I didn't catch all Fitz said about Jemma's space boyfriend's shoulder patch. At that moment my roommate put a load of laundry in and that drowned out all sound.
Basically the patch when turned upside down resembles a symbol they found over the doorway to the gateway machine found inside that old castle. Fitz thinks this means there is a secret society of some type that has been experimenting with the monolith and teleportation for a long time, and that they funded the NASA experiment too. We get a glimpse of this society in an earlier episode during a flashback to an older time, where they are all around a table drawing stones to see who will teleport next. It's implied that Fitz thinks this group will have the missing pieces he needs to make a new portal.

My ability to predict the directions this show is going is taking a little bit away from it.

After last weeks reveal that Ros knew Malick, and the whole preview of Coulson confronting her about Hydra, I knew, KNEW it was going to be a fake out and that she was a pawn Malick was playing. And low and behold, boom.

Okay, for once I didn't see some things coming. This episode was packed.
Ros and Banks dead, Fitz and Simmons captured, Coulson going off the deep end and kidnapping Ward's younger brother to use as leverage, Mac acting as temporary director, Daisy finally getting her Inhuman team activated, Fitz and Ward (and a sky-diving Coulson) going through the portal back to mystery world. JESUS. My only peeve is that they go through all that trouble establishing Ros as this counter to Coulson with her special government task force, lead it into a romance and then Hydra reveal over two episodes, with her still on Coulson's side, only to be fridged within the first five minutes of this episode.

Eep!

Okay, so, that's going to be an...interesting Ward when we return in March. And Lash is on the loose...again. But you have to give Coulson a hand!:awesome:
While we're waiting, bring on Peggy!

Well that was eventful...
Was really shocking to see Ward finally bite the dust, so to speak. I didn't think Coulson was going to have it in him to execute him like that, but then again he did casually disintegrate Garret, so maybe I am just giving him too much moral credit.

I knew "Will" was going to be a bad guy once he said "That is a name I had not heard in a long time." in regards to Fitz mentioning they were HYDRA, though for awhile I assumed it meant he was a knowing HYDRA agent that was going to pull a Ward once they found the creature. The twist that it was Will's dead body infected by the creature was a surprise to me, which is good, because I was having few real surprises this season. This also explains why the creature drove people mad, since it's a parasite that takes over a host, it means the astronaut team likely lead to a *The Thing* situation where they all killed each other out of mistrust, rather then some super power controlled insanity like was implied.

One thing I didn't understand though is why the creature killed the HYDRA agents, when it knew they were there to take it back to the portal. My only theory is that it also knew Fitz was the only one that could map the location of the space portal, and that he would willingly lead them astray at some point rather then let them use the portal. By killing the agents and freeing Fitz, he earned his trust enough to reach the portal spot before dropping the reveal on the shocked Fitz.

One thing of interest is that, even though the creature killed Will and took over his corpse, it had all of his memories. His relationship with Gemma, the knowledge of who Fitz was. The parasite likely has the ability to read and mimic its host, and thus now that it took over the corpse of Ward, it will in essence be Ward.
Too bad we have to wait till MARCH to learn more.

Yeah, I did not see that end coming.

So I've got Galavant in about a month, then Agent Carter. I think I can endure until March.

Oh, so Ward is
Hive? I can dig it.
You know I didn't even...
...remember Hive until you mentioned him. This actually brings up some other interesting possibilities, because unless I am wrong, didn't Hive bring Viper back from the dead by infecting her not soon after she was killed by Leviathan? It could be this will be a "get out of jail" card for Ward, and if the parasite is ever purged, Ward might very well stay alive.

Think of the drama this might even add to Fitz and Simmons. This means Will may very well have actually been "alive" while infested and Fitz ended up being the one to kill him.

The gaping hole says no.
It was in his leg. That does not mean it was necessarily "fatal" if the creature was keeping his brain alive through other means. I obviously was keeping his muscles and nervous system working, otherwise he wouldn't have been walking around at all.

Didn't he actually say he killed him and took his body?
He said something like "He died protecting Gemma", which could mean a lot of things. For all intents the parasite might consider any host it takes as being for the most part dead, since he takes over it's host consciousness and mind.

BananaHands

Staff member
It was in his leg. That does not mean it was necessarily "fatal" if the creature was keeping his brain alive through other means. I obviously was keeping his muscles and nervous system working, otherwise he wouldn't have been walking around at all.

He said something like "He died protecting Gemma", which could mean a lot of things. For all intents the parasite might consider any host it takes as being for the most part dead, since he takes over it's host consciousness and mind.
The parasite obviously retains all the memories and personality of the host. He recognized Fitz right away.

Yeah, but i assume not fixing wounds (no healing power in marvel terms) means once the "parasite" is gone the body would still be in the same condition that killed it, even if we go with the "brain is still alive" thing.

Sure, they could use some other plot device to heal the body, but that works either way.

Yeah, but i assume not fixing wounds (no healing power in marvel terms) means once the "parasite" is gone the body would still be in the same condition that killed it, even if we go with the "brain is still alive" thing. Sure, they could use some other plot device to heal the body, but that works either way.
Well be aware my assumption was assuming this character is truly HIVE from the comics. The villain Viper at one point is killed by Leviathan and the leaders of Hydra come across her bullet ridden corpse. Hive quickly reanimated her with his parasites, which latched to her brain. Later on, she was able to remove the parasites with the help of HAMMER but remained alive.
Think of it this way, in the body of Will the parasite was not exactly a powerful fighter. His fight with Fitz was mostly bumbling around because of the leg wound and the fact Will was not much of a combat expert. This means the parasite may rely on the abilities of it's host, rather then adding anything of it's own.

Now he has the body, and likely memories, of Grant Ward, a deadly assassin who was said to be on the same level as Black Widow. This is likely why Malick sent Grant Ward in the first place, knowing he was the only one "worthy" to become the parasites next host. HYDRA will likely do everything in their power to heal up Wards body so that the parasite can have his strength secured.

Last edited: