[Brazelton] Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Fuuuuuuuuck.

Though it kinda sucks she wouldnt retire when obama was president because she didn't want a black guy picking her replacement.

That being said fuuuuuuuuck

figmentPez

Staff member
There is no possible rating for this post that could possibly encapsulate how distressing this is. I may just log-off completely for the rest of the day and try to escape the awful mess this is going to cause on social media.

I mean...could they even rush someone in before the election? Like...they stalled for a fuckin' year when Scalia died. Dems just need to buy a few months if Biden wins.

I mean...could they even rush someone in before the election? Like...they stalled for a fuckin' year when Scalia died. Dems just need to buy a few months if Biden wins.
They could have the new person by next week. They won't let this slide.

Listen, I have nothing but the utmost respect for justice Ginsberg, and normally I would say may she rest in peace. But with everything that's going on? We need to weekend at Bernie's this shit, at least until the election.

Listen, I have nothing but the utmost respect for justice Ginsberg, and normally I would say may she rest in peace. But with everything that's going on? We need to weekend at Bernie's this shit, at least until the election.
We had to do that BEFORE the announcement.
Post automatically merged:

Realistically, I'm willing to bet everyone knew it was coming. That's why Mitch rammed through a bunch of federal judges and Trump released a new SCOTUS list.

They will not. The hypocrisy is out of the fucking stratosphere. And it might be...Ted fucking Cruz.
I don't think it will be, because he already said he would turn it down and Trump probably didn't like that.

could they even rush someone in before the election?
No, of course not. Everyone knows that the Republicans would never allow a confirmation to go through so close to an election. That's something for the next President to decide.

Also, FUCK.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
We need to vote both houses blue and the white house. Then we can expand the court. But if we lose any of the three...Well, it's been a nice experiment while it lasted.

I honestly believe the US as we know it - a representative democracy - will be no more. The new court will be beholden to eradicating rights for women, LGBTQ, and people of color. They will also come down heavily if not completely in favor of religious bigotry, a merging of church and state (christian, of course), and corporations.