Rush caller is everything I hate about Conservatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chummer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c27mjYh6i9o[/ame] part 1
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWKSSkpKTM0[/ame] part 2
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VHfcp1XqVw[/ame] part 3

Limbaugh/Palin 2012!

These people scare the hell out of me. And make me sad for the USA.

R

rabbitgod

Wow, that lady was passionate? It that the word she used?

Also, Rush looked incredibly bored.

Isn't Schwarzy a Republican?

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Well I wanted to edit in "She keeps saying how California is being run by Liberals." but the editing is not working.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Well I wanted to edit in "She keeps saying how California is being run by Liberals." but the editing is not working.
If you mean Schwarzenegger, then yes, he is. Though I'm not familiar with his politics other than the label of Republican.

I

Iaculus

For a 'Publican, Schwarzenegger's fairly centrist. Enough to give the wingnuts (and I use that term in a non-partisan sense) summat to scream about, at least.

For a 'Publican, Schwarzenegger's fairly centrist. Enough to give the wingnuts (and I use that term in a non-partisan sense) summat to scream about, at least.[/QUOTE]

Arnold has spent most of his life living in Hollywood, which is notoriously left leaning. It's definitely affected his political standing.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I feel like I lost about as many brain cells from listening to this as I would have from dunking down a bottle of vodka.

K

Kitty Sinatra

If it was like a minute or two, I'd watch the video(s!), but I ain't putting up with that shit for that long. Christ, why'd y'all waste your time on that?

:lalala:

I love when she goes off on the fact that the congressmen have great health care, but totally disregards that they had the same care when the rebublicans were in office :p

I love when she goes off on the fact that the congressmen have great health care, but totally disregards that they had the same care when the rebublicans were in office :p
The issue is much more the Shit that they are trying to give us, while totally unwilling to share in the same plan.

D

Deschain

I like to watch the expression on Limbaugh's face when she starts pleading with him to lead them. It might just be me, but I like to think he's grinning at the idea that these people would place their faith in him so.

I like to watch the expression on Limbaugh's face when she starts pleading with him to lead them. It might just be me, but I like to think he's grinning at the idea that these people would place their faith in him so.
Oddly enough, it's the EXACT same face Michael Moore makes whenever someone is doing the same with him. They are quite literally two sides of the same coin.

D

Deschain

I have not watched Michael Moore, but the kind of activism that goes beyond agreement of political opinions and into direct 'lead us to victory fearless leader!' frightens me a little.

I have not watched Michael Moore, but the kind of activism that goes beyond agreement of political opinions and into direct 'lead us to victory fearless leader!' frightens me a little.
But at the same time it's very apparent why people are drawn to them. Not only are their opinions easy to explain and understand, but they are also out their on the front lines, actually trying to do something about the problems in our society. Yes, they are both glorious assholes, but at least it looks like they are actually DOING SOMETHING, as opposed to most of the other members of the Left and Right.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Oddly enough, it's the EXACT same face Michael Moore makes whenever someone is doing the same with him. They are quite literally two sides of the same coin.[/QUOTE]
For Mikey, though, it's a ridiculously absurd idea that anyone would want him leading. He's a (former) blue collar guy with a hate on for those in power. And as that's exactly what he's built his celebrity on, anyone who would suggest he could lead them anywhere but a protest line hasn't been watching his documentaries and TV show closely enough. (And I say all that as a Moore fan; I've enjoyed all of his docs and that TV show)

I'd ponder the same for Rush, but I've never heard any of his work; though from what I've heard about him, his hate on is more politically aligned.

Well, I watched Capitalism: A Love Story this weekend, and it was really more of the same from Mr Moore. Something about the guy irks me. I think really that it's the fact that he makes a documentary that has some good points and this movie really did, but then he turns around and pulls one of his retarded attention whore stunts that pretty much deflate his entire argument.

Neither of them have really 'done' anything about 'it.' One is a blowhard on the radio and the other makes films... Neither has spurned positive change in their activities.

Neither of them have really 'done' anything about 'it.' One is a blowhard on the radio and the other makes films... Neither has spurned positive change in their activities.
Well duh, but they give the appearance of doing it at least. It's kinda like those "Truth" anti-smoking ads. You know they don't do anything to actually curb people from smoking or to stop the lies the tobacco industry puts out, but they at least look like they are doing something.

C

Chummer

Another caller today mentioned she home schools her kids (which alot of them seem to do) and that part of her kids studies is to listen to Rush everyday.

As for Moores new film, it still had a solid point. Uber-rich bought the country and dont give a shit about the peasents.

Another caller today mentioned she home schools her kids (which alot of them seem to do) and that part of her kids studies is to listen to Rush everyday.

As for Moores new film, it still had a solid point. Uber-rich bought the country and dont give a shit about the peasents.
Rush's point: Uber poor are ruining this country with their laziness.

OK, I made that up. It's a capitalist country though, what the hell do you expect?

I

Iaculus

OK, I made that up. It's a capitalist country though, what the hell do you expect?[/QUOTE]

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness", maybe?

'Course, depends on your interpretation of that...

OK, I made that up. It's a capitalist country though, what the hell do you expect?[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the country moves from being a democracy to an oligarcy. When the poor lose their voting power due to lobbiests influencing policy more than the democratic process, our country has moved about as far away from a democracy as you can get.

So we should force the rich to give up their money because we don't like what they do with it? Tell them what to do with their money? We are not an oligarchy, or even close. It's the same message that Rush is selling. Fear and distrust.

So we should force the rich to give up their money because we don't like what they do with it? Tell them what to do with their money? We are not an oligarchy, or even close. It's the same message that Rush is selling. Fear and distrust.
When what the rich is doing interferes with the democratic process, hell yes we should tell them what to do with it.

I've got no problem with political reform, I'm all for it. I just think the idea of us moving towards an oligarchy is a bit out there. If anything it seems like we've moved in the opposite direction.

An oligarchy is when an elite few have so much power and wealth that they make all policy. We're pretty close to being there. When lobbyists have more power than the actual voters, the system becomes inherently undemocratic. Our current economic predicament due to de regulation is a testament to exactly how bad a pure free market economy really is.

This country wasn't founded on capitalism, it was founded on democracy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for capitalism, but the capitalism outlined in the past is vastly different than the capitalism of today. We used to have almost a pure competition market with a few monopolies, but we have moved away from that and more into a ogilopolies where the average person, regardless of how much drive and determination they have can't compete against large corporate firms. The american dream used to be to own your own business and have it thrive in your community, but with the advent of chain stores, such as walmart, our economy has completely changed.

A

Armadillo

An oligarchy is when an elite few have so much power and wealth that they make all policy. We're pretty close to being there. When lobbyists have more power than the actual voters, the system becomes inherently undemocratic. Our current economic predicament due to de regulation is a testament to exactly how bad a pure free market economy really is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for capitalism, but the capitalism outlined in the past is vastly different than the capitalism of today. We used to have almost a pure competition market with a few monopolies, but we have moved away from that and more into a ogilopolies where the average person, regardless of how much drive and determination they have can't compete against large corporate firms. The american dream used to be to own your own business and have it thrive in your community, but with the advent of chain stores, such as walmart, our economy has completely changed.
Walmart wasn't always a huge nationwide chain. Just sayin'.

As for the lobbyists, the answer is for voters to become informed about who takes money from who, and vote according to their views on that subject. These assholes still need to be elected; it's not as though corporations and lobbyists get to vote and everyday people don't. Not permitting wealthy people to have a voice because of jealousy or political disagreement isn't the answer, since all that does is disenfranchise a different group of people than the ones you feel are disenfranchised right now.

Walmart wasn't always a huge nationwide chain. Just sayin'.

As for the lobbyists, the answer is for voters to become informed about who takes money from who, and vote according to their views on that subject. These assholes still need to be elected; it's not as though corporations and lobbyists get to vote and everyday people don't. Not permitting wealthy people to have a voice because of jealousy or political disagreement isn't the answer, since all that does is disenfranchise a different group of people than the ones you feel are disenfranchised right now.[/QUOTE]

So, we'll disenfranchise 1% of the population.... boo freakity hoo...

Besides, I don't recall anywhere saying that we should revoke the right of rich people to vote.

Capitalism of the past also allowed for zero workers rights. The American dream was also more along the lines of not having to work 14 hours a day for next to nothing. I'm sorry mom and pop can't compete with Walmart and Target, but there is still plenty of room for start up companies in other areas.

With all the information we have at our finger tips now, the only person to blame for these corrupt politicians is ourselves. We know it happens, but choose to re-elect them anyway. I'm all for lobbyist reform, but this isn't the fault of just the rich.

I

Iaculus

What good does it do to vote out the corrupt politician? You will only put another in his place.
I dunno, you're exchanging guaranteed corruption for a 99% chance of corruption. Extra 1%'s an improvement, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.