[News] Ron Paul is trolling?? or is he serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/23/ron-paul-plans-to-eventually-end-all-federal-student-aid/

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...minates-department-of-education-and-5-others/

exert
Last week in Las Vegas, Paul put forth his plan to slash $1 trillion from the federal budget by ending the departments of Energy, Education, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Interior. The Environmental Protection Agency, Food and Drug Administration and Department of Defense would also see deep cuts.
Now I know that DoE is getting a lot of flak due to bad investment in solar panels and now they are getting some flak about 500 MILLIONS (see I finally got the right number hehe) in car loans and are being use in another country.

Education? cutting off student loan? I am one of the people who use Pell Grant to help fund my education (paid my own way and gotten federal loan which I'm still paying back) I am working and without it, I couldn't afford my education.

I also use HUD to help by my first home. I am STILL paying for my home (I did refinance and got a good deal and will pay my house off in 12 years) but without it, it would be hard for me to get a housing loan.

EPA and FDA? wow, these are the people are trying to keep our workplace safe and our food safe (not 100% but it is better than other country) so cutting back on them too?

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, he's serious. For every good Ron Paul idea he has 2 batshit insane ones. It's why he's being ignored as a serious candidate.

It doesn't matter. Every candidate puts out whatever crazy plan they think voters will like. Expect to see NONE of the republican plans actually in place should any of them win the election. It's all about getting votes, not about being realistic.

fade

Staff member
SOP for election year. Promise stuff until elected, then continue the status quo, regardless of party affiliation, etc.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ron Paul has zero chance of being elected president, but I'm glad he runs. He's good for the debates.

I honestly believe Ron Paul is serious. This isn't just a standard campaign promise for him; he would seriously try to make these cuts a reality if he were elected.

More's the pity. I think the only honest politician running for the GOP nomination is a fucking loon.

Zappit

Staff member
Political loser with loser ideas will lose. Simple as that.

Now, if you steal a stupid idea, from, say, SimCity....

While many of those organizations are huge inefficient money pits, to remove them entirely would be akin to burning your house down to get rid of termites.

Status
Not open for further replies.