Rise of the Planet of the Apes

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Tagline: Evolution Becomes Revolution.

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Rupert Wyatt[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karin Konoval[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Freida Pinto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Franco[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tyler Labine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Hewlett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Oyelowo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chelah Horsdal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jesse Reid[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tracy Spiridakos[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Gordon[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2011-08-04[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]105[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Scientist Will Rodman is determined to find a cure for Alzheimer's, the disease which has slowly consumed his father Charles. Will feels certain he is close to a breakthrough and tests his latest serum on apes, noticing dramatic increases in intelligence and brain activity in the primate subjects... Especially Caesar, his pet chimpanzee.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]
[DOUBLEPOST=1399869291,1399869163][/DOUBLEPOST]Just watched tonight, making it around the tenth time I've watched it. Still a damn good sci-fi film, worthy of inclusion with the rest of the Apes movies. Is it without its flaws? No, it's definitely not perfect. But it's still a damn good flick with more thought put into the writing than your average sci-fi flick.

I still get chills every time I watch the part
when Caesar shouts "NO!"

I wish that dramatic scene hadn't been 5 seconds after Draco Malfoy awkwardly quotes the original movie, because it is a chilling moment.

Great movie. I was very surprised.

I need to watch this at some point, I've always enjoyed the Ape films probably more than I should.