Rise of Skywalker with Spoilers

It seems like everyone with a major part in TROS has something against Disney over the movie except Daisy Ridley, so I wonder if she has something else coming up.

Dave

Staff member
And Empire still reigns supreme as the best Star Wars movie.

Just saw it. It's definitely not the best SW movie, and there's lots of things to critique, but all in all, I enjoyed it and thought most storylines were closed with some semblance of coherence.
I'd definitely rank it above 1, 2 and probably 8. Some bits were obviously rewritten around Fisher's death, and some of the fan service was unnecessary and some characters...ugh. but overall, not the train wreck I was expecting given some of the comments and reviews I'd seen.

https://news.avclub.com/turns-out-colin-trevorrows-version-of-star-wars-episod-1841002112

Treverrow's story treatment leaked and while it probably would've still been kinda shitty, it sounds, I dunno, dozens of times better than RotS was.

It was titled Duel of the Fates, didn't have Palpatine alive in it, didn't have a sudden Kylo face turn for no reason, had Rose as a character that did things, etc.

It also had a 7000 year old dark side Lovecraftian monstrosity be Palpatine's teacher.

Did nobody understand TLJ? Kylo is the main bad guy. That's the interesting thing.

I thought so. It was setting up something besides "he's redeemed and helps take out the main bad guy."

I thought so. It was setting up something besides "he's redeemed and helps take out the main bad guy."
Well, that's just being more interesting then that, but on his own he was just being annoyingly emo.

It's more interesting for the antagonist to be someone the protagonists have interacted with on multiple occasions and have shared relationships toward than Ominous Space Evil, whether that be Palpatine or Sith Cthulhu. This is basic storytelling.

More complex and character-driven though;
Having a haunted outburst-prone antagonist try to command a military/government which is completely out of his character's grasp is more interesting than Perfect Evil Guy antagonist.