Riddle me this

Why do guys always hit on me while I’m at the laundromat?

Why?? And I mean legitimate hardcore hitting on me. Not passing flirting (which actually never happens to me either, I digress), but asking me if I live alone, asking if I have a boyfriend, fucking GRABBING MY ARM TO LOOK AT MY TATOO.

I dont understand. The laundromat is the only place this ever happens to me. I never get hit on at bars or when I’m out with friends. And I don’t get the mentality here, I’m obviously there to do a task? I look like a hobgoblin - I never put my best face forward when I’m there cause it’s the laundromat?

So. Men, friends, fellow peoples, help me understand the mentality. Because I’m mega irritated by it and would like other opinions.

I wish I had an answer, but I never did the hitting on thing with strangers. My wife and I were friends that just grew into more. Seems weird to me.

Warning: Their reason is super creepy.

Because if you're already cleaning your clothes, you're stuck there. You can't make excuses to leave, and you have an investment in staying. You're trapped.
You’re probably, absolutely right. IM SO BOTHERED. Leave me aloneeeeee.

It’s at my apartment complex so..I 1000% do leave and then come back. Still. Irbrnekdnemwk. I feel so icky now.

I assume it's because while they're harrying you, they can also peek at your underwear, then peek at you, then imagine 1+1 in their head.

--Patrick

What Hailey said - you're alone, trapped, and stuck there with them.
It's creepy and predatory and super not appropriate.

Dave

Staff member
I TOLD you I'd stop if you only asked.

And I wish I'd have gotten here before Nick posted Dr. Horrible. Because that's the first thing that came to my mind.

"Psyche! I love it!"

Am I the only one that thinks there's nothing sexy about people's underwear? If they're wearing it that's one thing, but just being there as it tumble dries?

Am I the only one that thinks there's nothing sexy about people's underwear? If they're wearing it that's one thing, but just being there as it tumble dries?
Watching people tumble dry their underwear while they are wearing it sounds really niche, not to mention dangerous.

--Patrick

Come on, we all know that panties aren't the greatest thing in the world. But they are right next to it.

I am not disappointed by the responses.

:D
Post automatically merged:

Take some crayons and the Lesbian Coloring Book. :troll:
Sometimes I tell them I have a girlfriend just to see their response.
“You got a boyfriend?”
“Actually, I have a girlfriend.”
“Oh, so you’re one of those..”
“Yep, totally.”
“But you’re real pretty.”
“*STARES*”

I cannot.

Maybe you should withhold one sock from every load of laundry, and place it strategically?
Of course, that might attract a different kind of attention.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I actually want to wait a week or two if the thread dies down, then necro it and reply to Nick's post by saying:

:stfu:

But I know I'd forget and I'm too damned lazy.

I actually want to wait a week or two if the thread dies down, then necro it and reply to Nick's post by saying:

:stfu:

But I know I'd forget and I'm too damned lazy.
Heh, reminds me when I used to play City of Heroes and roleplayed as the big, dumb lug, Doug the Troll. Someone in my group on Ventrillo called me slow.

Three hours later, after many missions, and everyone was quiet, I suddenly said, "HEY! DOUG AM NOT SLOW!"