Republicans vote today, Democrats vote tomorrow

In order to avoid fisticuffs at the polls, please allow Republicans to vote today and give the Democrats a turn tomorrow.

Thanks.

:minionhappy:

Dave

Staff member
Nice. I already voted. A few of the candidates I voted for were Democrat but the vast majority are Republican. Most incumbents here in Nebraska are Republican so if they were doing a good job I voted for them. My Senator and Representatives were not so I voted for the Democratic challengers. Probably wasted my vote doing that around here, but ya gotta vote, man. If you don't vote, nothing will ever change.

In the face of a public health nightmare, and while citizens in the state capital were still under a do not use order, some of our elected officials publicly stood with the coal companies responsible for poisoning our water and against the people.

In every race possible, I wrote in Ken Hechler. So what if he's 100. He's still around, and a far better choice than any of the slimes on the ballot.

Damn it Dave! Don't you know anything about US Politics? You're supposed to vote party line. The opposition is a bunch of racist, homophobic, communist, druggies who are trying to ruin this country.

GasBandit

Staff member
In a move that will shock nobody, straight Libertarian ticket. John Cornyn can twitch in a ditch, to borrow a phrase from Mojo Nixon.

GasBandit

Staff member
Does the extended version fix things?
It adds comic-book animated interludes, but doesn't change the story overmuch.[DOUBLEPOST=1415142037,1415141557][/DOUBLEPOST]Apparently turnout in New Hampshire was so high it may have set a record (for midterms that is).

Go swat a mosquito, @bhamv3
It's November, the mosquitoes have retreated back into whatever blood-stained hell they come from.

Admittedly it's been an unseasonably warm autumn so far, though, so you can still see a few stragglers every now and then. I'll go see if I can snag one.

Still not voting today though.

GasBandit

Staff member
I didn't even know this was a thing? Apparently the Empire State Building started flashing red lights to indicate the GOP takeover of the senate.

And now we have two years to wonder what kind of shit they'll push for the White House. I can at least say for certain that the next two years will continue to be all about in-fighting and not about getting anything done. So please, Congress, continue to waste our money and destroy the country.

Mandatory overtime + public transportation = no voting for me. I'm going to have to start doing early vote from now on, because this almost happened two years ago as well.

Any other time, I'd posit that smashing the generations-long stranglehold the Democratic Party has had on this state might be a good thing. But not today. Today there is no plan, no vision, no new ideas.

This election was all about who could scream FUCK OBAMA! the loudest while still keeping their lips firmly affixed to coal's ass.

I didn't even know this was a thing? Apparently the Empire State Building started flashing red lights to indicate the GOP takeover of the senate.

See, the first thing I thought of is "Is New York trying to say it wants to join Canada?" It's where my thoughts went at least. Red-n-white.