Reactions?

GasBandit

Staff member
I have been summoned!

So, does that mean you want a string cheese icon, or something a bit more... trashy? :awesome:
You're incorrigible :p

I need hug, agree, disagree, pun, spoiler, informative, I need this explained to me, and You're doing the thing again.

And maybe if you sweet talk me I'll let you define a new one.

You're incorrigible :p

I need hug, agree, disagree, pun, spoiler, informative, I need this explained to me, and You're doing the thing again.

And maybe if you sweet talk me I'll let you define a new one.
You love it.

Anyway, imo, the previous "agree, disagree, informative, and need this explained" fit quite well. The other ones I think we can do better, like a shushing finger for "Spoiler" or something. Or a blushing face for "Not like that!", aka the tsundere icon.

GasBandit

Staff member
You love it.

Anyway, imo, the previous "agree, disagree, informative, and need this explained" fit quite well. The other ones I think we can do better, like a shushing finger for "Spoiler" or something. Or a blushing face for "Not like that!", aka the tsundere icon.
Well, see what you can come up with, eh?

GasBandit

Staff member
Can't you just pull the icons back from Discord?

--Patrick
Those are these same icons, scaled up. Discord scales up. This addon does not.

I guess I could use snipper to grab shots of them but if it's in the offering, I'd rather get a full facelift than put a third band-aid on a 13 year-old wound.

I didn't know if Discord would let you just download your original submitted icons from some directory in its admin panel.

--Patrick

What I was saying was... if it did, it'd be the same icons that are here now.
If we do end up needing to resue any existing (small) icons, I will say that waifu2x does a decent job at upscaling stuff like this compared to Discord or ImageMagick. e.g.
original hug:
hug.png

30x30 hug:
hug(RGB)(noise_scale)(Level3)(x1.875000)(16bit).png

GasBandit

Staff member
If we do end up needing to resue any existing (small) icons, I will say that waifu2x does a decent job at upscaling stuff like this compared to Discord or ImageMagick. e.g.
original hug: View attachment 35330
30x30 hug: View attachment 35331
It's still kinda grainy/fuzzy. I'd like to get it just straight up re-done, but I don't have the patience to re-do the pixel art (I did the original hug and brofist icons in MFin' PAINT)

@Dave The old way each reaction icon had a separate count next to it. Click on the icon, and you added to the count. So if someone already gave a post a hug, you could just click on that hug icon to hug it too.

GasBandit

Staff member
@Dave The old way each reaction icon had a separate count next to it. Click on the icon, and you added to the count. So if someone already gave a post a hug, you could just click on that hug icon to hug it too.
That's because the old way used a different reactions add-on, one that is no longer supported.

It's not like the runnign toilet paper makes a lot of sense. But i think GB wanted to kee pthe list somewhat limited to avoid bloating it to unmanageable proportions, especially on mobile.

As soon as remote schooling smoothes out and stops making want to crawl into an alcohol-induced coma every night, I'll give it a go. But if anyone else wants to take a shot instead, don't wait for me.