Reactions?

It would seem I was alone wth this issue. It's now returned to normal, but for a short while my reactions were limited to this:Screenshot_20200908_134107_com.android.chrome.jpg

My reactions will frequently shrink to just a handful. Refreshing the page usually fixes it for me.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
What Style are you guys using? I tried to update some styles last night and had mixed results (the UI.X ones seem to be the most persnickety).

Shades of grey (blue) since it's the only halfway decent dark style we've got.
And I had it happen again earlier, and it again resolved itself in minutes. Not a really big deal, but I never had it before so it's strange.

GasBandit

Staff member
Shades of grey (blue) since it's the only halfway decent dark style we've got.
And I had it happen again earlier, and it again resolved itself in minutes. Not a really big deal, but I never had it before so it's strange.
That is indeed strange, that's the same style I use and I haven't noticed it (that said, I don't leave reactions as often as most, much less as often as YOU)...

Let me know if you recognize a pattern in when it does and does not work. I'll see if I can find anything obviously wrong on the back end, too.

GasBandit

Staff member
Interestingly enough, I just sort of "forced" something similar to happen by resizing my window as small as possible... wonder if it's a CSS error or something...

GasBandit

Staff member
Hmm, this just happened on my phone... The reactions got pushed off the side somehow.
Screenshot_20200908-135113.png

It seems to be something with how the forum is resizing the screen for mobile viewing. I'll probably have to look at it after work tonight.

Hmm, this just happened on my phone... The reactions got pushed off the side somehow.
View attachment 35243

It seems to be something with how the forum is resizing the screen for mobile viewing. I'll probably have to look at it after work tonight.
That was happening to me too, but it only started happening today. Maybe you broke something trying to fix the twitch plugin.

GasBandit

Staff member
That was happening to me too, but it only started happening today. Maybe you broke something trying to fix the twitch plugin.
I don't think it's that. I "fixed" a couple other things besides the stream tab last night(like UI.X and the media embed plugin), so tracking this down could take a bit.

Resizing my view on mobile sometimes acts as though the entire page is 50% or so wider than the actual forum edges. Maybe that's related.

--Patrick

Okay, now all the reaction images have vanished. The number of reactions is still there on the post, floating loose, but there’s no icon next to it. Also the reactions button itself is gone.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Damn it. Got sent a security update this morning. It was supposed to be compatible with the version we have but apparently not.

Guess I get to fix that, too.

Since it won't let me post a new message, I'm adding this as Ignored Content appears to be broken for me.

I'm getting an "Oops! We ran into some problems" when trying to access the Ignored Content section and everything I had put in ignore is showing up for me.

Dave

Staff member
Since it won't let me post a new message, I'm adding this as Ignored Content appears to be broken for me.

I'm getting an "Oops! We ran into some problems" when trying to access the Ignored Content section and everything I had put in ignore is showing up for me.
See if it works now. If it doesn't, try and ignore something again and see if it works.

Dave

Staff member
Okay. I had to turn the listener off. The listener is what tells the software to load the addons. So I had it turned off to fix the stupid reactions thing. I just now turned it back on, which is what made it work again.

GasBandit

Staff member
The sizing is all over the place.
I know. The new reaction addon uses a different resolution than the old one, and doesn't scale the old ones up. So, if people want to headhunt/create new 30x30 icons for our reactions (looking at YOU @Celt Z )... please do.

Edit - the icons can be bigger than 30x30, I can scale them DOWN to that in the addon, but you'll want to be sure whatever it is, it still looks good at 30x30.

GasBandit

Staff member
The new rating system has a search field! That's neat!

... the search is CASE SENSITIVE. That's idiotic. So searching for "Ag" gets you "Agree" but not "Disagree" and searching for "ag" goes the other way around.