Ravenpoe AMA, starting this shit again

That's right, I'm starting the ball rolling on this self aggrandizing forum tend again, because even though I jest, it turns out I like aggrandizing myself.

It also fits in nicely with my continued policy of being more open, more honest, and more willing to discuss the things we don't talk about enough. I've made threads opening up about issues from my mental health troubles to my (a)sexuality. So now it's time to kick off again. Ask me anything, nothing is off limits, except for that dumb sausage question.

Also I would provide links to those threads I mentioned but I'm lazy and I'm pretty sure @PatrThom will do it for me.

I'll start with a goodun, since I see you want to be more open about your (a)sexuality. Since I know you've said that you're into and have shown interest in BDSM, how does that clash with your asexuality? I am genuinely curious.

What’s something you’ve always wanted to do or try but never have? Do you think you will ever do this thing?

Do you have an era of music that you relate to and are drawn to?

Thoughts on Kinbaku/Shibari - if you have any. (I think they’re really pretty.)

I'll start with a goodun, since I see you want to be more open about your (a)sexuality. Since I know you've said that you're into and have shown interest in BDSM, how does that clash with your asexuality? I am genuinely curious.
So, until being more open about it with this forum and with others in life in general, I never actually considered myself asexual. I just considered myself a guy that didn't particularly like sex, which in retrospect probably should be two dots that get connected a lot sooner, but that's hard to see when you're in the middle of it.

But even though I'm not interested in penis in vagina sex, I still like sexy things. I find the power dynamic and pageantry of BDSM very mentally stimulating, and is a pleasurable pathway into intimate acts that I might not find to be physically stimulating. There is a pageantry around it that I find very rewarding. In fact when I was more involved in things like the FetLife community, I even wrote articles about how to approach these subjects in a healthy way, though I'm afraid those may be lost to time. But it is a subject I have been and still am very interested in. Like, if anyone ever wants "100 ways to dom your lover in a healthy and consensual way" then I just need a free weekend to write it.

What’s something you’ve always wanted to do or try but never have? Do you think you will ever do this thing?
Travel is the thing I love to do most yet do the least often. I love exploring new places and meeting new people. But I've never left the United States, and that is something I would love to do. But travel is expensive, and as someone that's low on both time and money I don't see a trip around the world happening anytime soon, but I like to think it will, eventually, little by little.

Do you have an era of music that you relate to and are drawn to?
70's. There's just so much funk and soul and spirit of change coursing through everything from that decade.

Thoughts on Kinbaku/Shibari - if you have any. (I think they’re really pretty.)
I think it's gorgeous. Both as an admiration of the final product and the art and intimacy of the act itself. In my previous reply I talked about my fascination with BDSM, and one of those aspects is the power of submission. The power of that power exchange comes from the sub, and so shibari becomes an expression of that power and freedom.

I would provide links to those threads I mentioned but I'm lazy and I'm pretty sure @PatrThom will do it for me.
Turns out if you search for threads with your name in the title, they’re pretty easy to find, so no need.

In fact, I suggest we do that going forward for all AMA threads just to make it easier.

—Patrick

Turns out if you search for threads with your name in the title, they’re pretty easy to find, so no need.

In fact, I suggest we do that going forward for all AMA threads just to make it easier.

—Patrick
Not everyone is as much a stickler for branding as I am, though.

Travel is the thing I love to do most yet do the least often. I love exploring new places and meeting new people. But I've never left the United States, and that is something I would love to do. But travel is expensive, and as someone that's low on both time and money I don't see a trip around the world happening anytime soon, but I like to think it will, eventually, little by little.
I hope you get to soon! Even traveling the US could be fun. I'm hoping to explore more of the east coast this coming year. :D Anywhere in particular you would like to go? What do you enjoy doing when traveling? Sight seeing, the food, the people, the art?

70's. There's just so much funk and soul and spirit of change coursing through everything from that decade.
ME TOOOOO. Definitely the best decade.

I think it's gorgeous. Both as an admiration of the final product and the art and intimacy of the act itself. In my previous reply I talked about my fascination with BDSM, and one of those aspects is the power of submission. The power of that power exchange comes from the sub, and so shibari becomes an expression of that power and freedom.
Is it something you would like to participate in? Or just look at from afar?

I hope you get to soon! Even traveling the US could be fun. I'm hoping to explore more of the east coast this coming year. :D Anywhere in particular you would like to go? What do you enjoy doing when traveling? Sight seeing, the food, the people, the art?

ME TOOOOO. Definitely the best decade.

Is it something you would like to participate in? Or just look at from afar?
So it's such a cliche answer, but in the US the first big place on my to do list is New York City. And everything, the people, the food, the history, the culture. I just love new experiences.

As for shibari, I've never personally participated. The bondage play I've done has always been more traditional quick-release stuff. Rope is much more intricate and requires more homework, but it is something I'm interested in.

So it's such a cliche answer, but in the US the first big place on my to do list is New York City. And everything, the people, the food, the history, the culture. I just love new experiences.

As for shibari, I've never personally participated. The bondage play I've done has always been more traditional quick-release stuff. Rope is much more intricate and requires more homework, but it is something I'm interested in.
Real talk though, as someone who went to New York for the first time last year, DO IT. It was phenomenal. I loved it! Highly recommend The Cloisters if you enjoy old art/sculpture work. No one ever talks about it, but it was insane. They have the Unicorn Tapestries there, which are some of my favorites. I only hung around Manhattan and the Bronx, but damn, it was a good time.

I hope you get to at some point! It seems like a really cool thing.

Real talk though, as someone who went to New York for the first time last year, DO IT. It was phenomenal. I loved it! Highly recommend The Cloisters if you enjoy old art/sculpture work. No one ever talks about it, but it was insane. They have the Unicorn Tapestries there, which are some of my favorites. I only hung around Manhattan and the Bronx, but damn, it was a good time.

For the longest time I never went anywhere. I suffered from pretty bad anxiety, and am also very navigationally challenged, so being in a place I didn't know my way around would become an existential nightmare. But thanks to medication my anxiety is much more under control now, so I definitely want to be able to set aside some time at some point and plan a trip.

For the longest time I never went anywhere. I suffered from pretty bad anxiety, and am also very navigationally challenged, so being in a place I didn't know my way around would become an existential nightmare. But thanks to medication my anxiety is much more under control now, so I definitely want to be able to set aside some time at some point and plan a trip.
I'm excited for you! That'll be awesome. :) If it helps, I too am not great navigating and I found New York pretty easy to get around in. I only got on the wrong Subway train once and it was an easy fix. >_<

You're probably going to want to schedule an entire week, then. In fact, it would be easy to lose an entire week even if you were to confine yourself to just Manhattan.

--Patrick

Do you like Chinese food? Like REAL Chinese food? Head to Flushing, Queens. 7 train to Main St. New World Mall food court. Heaven.

Do you like Chinese food? Like REAL Chinese food? Head to Flushing, Queens. 7 train to Main St. New World Mall food court. Heaven.
I mean, I do, but since I'm not there anymore, it'll be hard to do that....

Haha, I'll make a note for if I ever go back. :) Thank you!

Since 70's music was brought up, I'm going to use this post as a means to force some of it on all of you.

This song was techincally written in 1969 but fuck you this is my thread, this performance was in 1970 so I say it counts.

What other internet comunities are you part of? Do you use the same screen name everywhere, or do you have other forum/user names?

Would you be willing to put up a random Halforumite on your couch for a week to explore your area? Would you be willing to go stay on another Halforumite's couch to explore their area (assuming you're guaranteed not to be eaten by Doomies)?

Is there something that is guaranteed to trigger anger/rage in you? It can be in real life or online, or both.

What is the one thing in life you regret the most? If you had a time machine/TARDIS/Quantum leap, would you go back and change it?

And to not end on a downer, what is guaranteed to bring you out of a funk? (Sad-funk, not the awesome 70's funk mentioned above.)

If you wrote a super hero movie featuring Halforumites, who would be your five heroes and what would be their powers? And in the sequel they face a villainous group of Halforumites, who would they be and what are their powers?

What other internet comunities are you part of? Do you use the same screen name everywhere, or do you have other forum/user names?

Would you be willing to put up a random Halforumite on your couch for a week to explore your area? Would you be willing to go stay on another Halforumite's couch to explore their area (assuming you're guaranteed not to be eaten by Doomies)?
Pretty much everywhere I am ravenpoe or Ravenpoe121, even some real world friends call me Poe.

I'm active on Reddit, mainly the magic the gathering (edh specifically) and blood bowl communities and subreddits.

As for hosting a halforumite on my couch, sure, though my dog might try to eat them. And while I would be willing to crash on someone else's couch, I'd probably prefer a hotel room for comfort, I like to sleep naked.

If you came into a large amount of money under the condition that you had to use it to start a business what sort of business would it be & why?

Is there something that is guaranteed to trigger anger/rage in you? It can be in real life or online, or both.

What is the one thing in life you regret the most? If you had a time machine/TARDIS/Quantum leap, would you go back and change it?

And to not end on a downer, what is guaranteed to bring you out of a funk? (Sad-funk, not the awesome 70's funk mentioned above.)
The one thing to trigger rage in me is the abuse or mistreatment of animals, children, or old people. All three of these have the same thing in common, they are less able to care for themselves, and thus it falls to us to see that they are justly cared for. And because I like pets more than people, this goes doubly for dogs. There's a special place in hell for people that abuse dogs.

There's only one regret I have that I would do differently if I could go back in time. I'm the kind of person that thinks we are defined by our mistakes, and that it's our failures that cause is to grow into better people, and that undoing those is being dishonest with ourselves. But I had a very close friend that was suffering from what I believed was psychosis, and attempting to get him into help caused him to push me away and become paranoid about my intentions. I backed off, and he eventually got himself killed when he attacked a police officer that he thought was out to get him. My TARDIS moment would be to go back and tell myself that being polite isn't the same as doing what's right.

If you wrote a super hero movie featuring Halforumites, who would be your five heroes and what would be their powers? And in the sequel they face a villainous group of Halforumites, who would they be and what are their powers?
You think I can name ten of you? No way, but I would definitely team you and @Yoshimickster together as the confusion brothers.

If you came into a large amount of money under the condition that you had to use it to start a business what sort of business would it be & why?
My gut says a tabletop gaming store but those never make any money, so I'd probably have to think about it more.

Or maybe just a good old fashioned pyramid scheme.