Rant VI: Now Drama Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
So today on my way to work in my 2007 Chevy Deathmobile I got stuck on a major street...because we had 1/2 an inch of snow and it was a hill. The traffic behind me was amazing.

So I went to see what I could do about getting new tires. $470 and a new brake job later and I'm loving life in the snow.

Of course, when I have to pay $900 more on the transmission on the other car I start to cry a little....

FUCKING CAR!!!

K

Kitty Sinatra

How is that a rant?

Also, was that 1/2 an inch, 1/2 a foot, 1/2 a yard, 1/2 a pound or 1/2 a cake of snow?

M

makare

Today I was going to eat one of those soups that come in the Styrofoam containers and when i was pouring the boiling water into the container I slipped and spilled it all over my hand and the counter where my phone was sitting. Much cursing was had by all.

On the plus side after two weeks I finally got my van started. Negative- the mud flap is bent and rubs against the wheel causing a really annoying noise when I drive. I hate that pos.

My father is in the hospital because of his back troubles and I just screamed at my aunt, who called, very offended that we didn't think of telling her about it while we were looking for a hospital to take him, to see if we could get him some strong painkillers so he stopped crawilng and shivering on the bed in pain and trying to get an ambulance that would take him to the hospital we finally decided. If someone apologizes, it will have to be me.

Shitfucks. The girlfriend just got the phone bill. Apparently hour-long conversations are not really nice to wallets.

I can afford it (barely) but it's making her feel guilty and I don't think she wants me to pay it even though they can't afford it.

C

Chazwozel

Worst hangover of my life. Can I sleep through this?

Drink a butt ton of water. If you get that spinny feeling when you close your eyes, put you hand on something solid like the wall or the bedpost. It'll keep your mind straight and knowing that you're not spinning.

Do what my dad did to me when I was 18 and came home in the middle of the night blasted out of my mind and puked all over the carpet in the bootroom. Wake me up at 7 am the next day, force me to drink about 32 oz of sugar water to "HELP" with the hangover and make me do yardwork all morning. Now, surprisingly enough, the lightly sugared water worked like a God damn charm and the exercise didn't hurt anything either.

Got court tomorrow for a case that I had next to nothing to do with (just transported the dude) It's State Superior court, which means if it's slated to start at 1330, I might... MIGHT get out of there at 1600.... just in time to be late coming on shift.

If it was my bust, I wouldn't care, but c'MON Mr. D.A.

Also, no raise this year, house is still not finished, I keep finding things that need repair, and I haven't paid my car note in months, due to the more pressing concerns of keeping power/water/gas turned on.

Also, fsck court. That is all.

Cajungal

Staff member
It's always something about the environment, too. Since being "green" has gotten so easy for people who can afford to pay 2-3$ more per household cleaning item for an environmentally friendly one, they've gotten a little holier-than-thou.

Can't wait til the novelty of mass emails wear off on my dad.
Never. Parents do not get it. My mom does it, my friend's mom does it, my fiancee's dad does it. Email is just too damn amazing the previous generation to restrain from.[/QUOTE]

Not true, it took my mom awhile but she did eventually get it. It was very surprising.

Cajungal

Staff member
Your story gives me hope. Thank you, smoking baby... who is somehow a great musician despite his limited motor skills.

Got court tomorrow for a case that I had next to nothing to do with (just transported the dude) It's State Superior court, which means if it's slated to start at 1330, I might... MIGHT get out of there at 1600.... just in time to be late coming on shift.

If it was my bust, I wouldn't care, but c'MON Mr. D.A.

Also, no raise this year, house is still not finished, I keep finding things that need repair, and I haven't paid my car note in months, due to the more pressing concerns of keeping power/water/gas turned on.

Also, fsck court. That is all.
Good lord friend, I hear this. That is going to be the only thing that's going to suck about getting to transfer out of this hellhole in a year. The God damn months and months of court I'm going to have to be continually flown back here to attend after I'm gone.

Just spent an hour and a half driving in crap to get my wife to a meeting. I then go to work which takes FOREVER to get to, and now I have to turn around and go get her and take her to her other job.

My entire day is going to be spent driving in crappy weather.

I think I'm skipping classes tonight. I don't need an extra 2 hours in my car.

$8,000 of misused public funds to buy a politician a diesel generator
$52,000,000 over budget on P3 schools
$552,000,000 of mismanaged university transfer funds
50% of school contractors might be pedophiles

But for $%^&$%^ sake people lets keep talking about the generator!

I so @$#%$# close from bringing Peter Finch back from the dead you wouldn't believe it.

So I ruptured my ear drum a little over a week ago, and have been on medication for it. It wouldn't be too bad, but I have 2 different pills to take, and ear drops, all of which I need to take 4 times a day. I can't STAND getting water in my ear, so forcing myself to put 4 drops of liquid into my ear 4 times a day for the last week and a half is really starting to grate on my nerves. :angry:

If it weren't for the very calming Symphony of Science songs looping in my headphones right now I'd probably launch myself off the balcony. Knowing my luck I'd survive the fall.

So, continuing my great past couple months, my mother-in-law messaged me at work to get my wife to call her right away regarding a family situation. Those kinds of calls never are good news.

Her cousin, who we have met and hung out with many times, was arrested for drunk driving.

After killing two people in a head-on collision.

*sighs* He's gonna go to jail for a looooong time.

So, continuing my great past couple months, my mother-in-law messaged me at work to get my wife to call her right away regarding a family situation. Those kinds of calls never are good news.

Her cousin, who we have met and hung out with many times, was arrested for drunk driving.

After killing two people in a head-on collision.

*sighs* He's gonna go to jail for a looooong time.

man that really bites. :(

Why don't people realize that driving while drunk = bad idea

W

wikked

Every morning I get in my truck and cuss silently to myself all the way to work about how I am stuck in this s*** paying job run by a spoiled little rich boy peckerwood who lives 4 hours away and seems to think that we should be thrilled whenever he comes down to see us every few days.

Then once work starts and I have something to take my mind off the sh***y pay the production manager, who is a d**k, bitches because we were two minutes late back from break, then gives us the worst orders ever created for a rotary die press. The machine is so poorly maintained that the print looks like s***. Everytime we tell the maintanance manager about something he says "Its supposed to do that".

The worst part is that I can fix all these problems. I have the experiance, I have the knowledge, and I want to do it. Being the "new" guy though, been there about 8 months, no one listens to me and even if they would listen the spoiled rich boy peckerwood won't spend any money.

I feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.